The Strategic Operational Finance team is looking for an analytical, strategically-minded Analyst to drive critical projects that promote efficiency of Wayfair’s major supply chain and operations initiatives. The right candidate has a passion for breaking down complex business problems into discrete analyses and using data to make informed business decisions and communicate findings to senior leaders. As a central member of the team, you will provide financial visibility to leadership to make better operational decisions in several of our most important strategic initiatives.
The Operational Finance team serves as the designated financial department for Supply Chain and Operations teams at Wayfair. By analyzing the financial implications of both current operational performance and new strategic initiatives, we enable this teams to operate more efficiently and profitably.
- Serve as an analytical strategic partner for the Wayfair’s Inbound business, using data to inform strategic and financial decisions. Sample projects include:
- Understand cost drivers throughout the supply chain to identify strategic opportunities
- Forecast programs cost structure to inform pricing decisions
- Develop financial reporting structure for this new business line
- Build profitability tracking for all core initiatives
- Translate high-level business problems into more specific questions that can be answered through data analyses; leverage analytical findings to identify actionable business recommendations
- Develop reporting metrics and present data with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive financial and operational strategy
- Partner with business stakeholders to generate financial forecast, plan capital projects, and review business decisions
- Track performance against forecasts to identify and communicate risks and opportunities for the business
The right candidate has:
- At least 1 year of experience in an analytical/consulting role with experience analyzing data
- A degree in Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Physics, or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
- Experience working within large datasets and resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and or complete information is not available
- Strong cross-functional communication skills and ability to effectively convey insights from analyses to senior leaders
- Ability to drive complex projects to completion using effective project management, communication, and influence; strong ownership of tasks/deadlines/projects
- High proficiency in Excel and MS Office; SQL or other programming languages a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.