Hometap has an ambitious mission to make homeownership less stressful and more accessible. Our vision is to make the idea of bringing on an investor for your home as ubiquitous as borrowing to finance a home is today. We also aspire to build a long lasting durable financial-technology company that becomes a hallmark of the Boston economy.
We are passionately building a business and industry that is homeowner-centric and empowers current and prospective homeowners to access their home's equity, free of debt. Our first product allows a homeowner to tap into the built-in value of their home in order to do the big-ticket stuff that makes life better: start a business, renovate their home, get out from under crippling debt, pay for college tuition or help family members in times of need.
Today, Hometap makes investments in residential homes, buying a small equity stake against the homes future value. For homeowners, this is a simplified, sensible alternative to mortgage debt and monthly payments. For investors, this is a new asset class, allowing them to participate in the multi-trillion-dollar residential real estate market without the obligations and downsides of homeownership. This product is scaling rapidly and we have begun our plans to expand our platform to support numerous other products over time, complex data science-driven pricing, and investment structure permutations. Our solution leverages advanced data and analytics as we create best-in-class experiences for our homeowners, business and asset capital partners.
Who We Are
At Hometap, we believe you can have a house and a life. Our vision is to enable homeowners to access their home's equity - free of debt - do the big-ticket stuff that makes life better: start a business, buy a second home, get out from under crippling debt, or pay for college tuition.
We make investments alongside homeowners today in exchange for a share of the future value of the home. For homeowners, this is a simplified, sensible alternative to mortgage debt and monthly payments. For investors, this is a new asset class, allowing them to participate in the multi-trillion-dollar residential real estate market without the obligations and downsides of homeownership.
Who You Are
Were looking for an experienced and energetic Operations Analyst to help improve the Investment Operations teams internal processes and help build out our reporting and analytics capabilities
As our Operations Analyst, you will use your passion for improvement to analyze our processes and make recommendations to our procedures and workstreams. This position is great for someone who has strong analytical skills and also loves working with others. Reporting to the VP of Operations, youll join our cross-functional team and work closely with Processors, Underwriters, Sales, and Engineering. Youll support all aspects of our workflows, with plenty of room to innovate, automate, and experiment.
Youll be responsible for:
- Implementing technical and process-related updates to our knowledge management system, Salesforce and other technology stacks to improve cycle time, SLAs and reporting
- Helping to develop, maintain and analyze key reports and dashboards on operations performance and track KPIs; ensuring relevant stakeholders have access to all data necessary to manage business successfully and efficiently
- Managing, administering, and optimizing data within the operations technology stack (Salesforce, Guru, and other tools)
- Aggregate and streamline data from multiple sources and platforms, including vendors, and compile recommendations into a digestible and actionable format to drive effective decision making
- Support data needs related to weekly, monthly, quarterly business reviews; respond to ad-hoc reporting needs of Operations team
- Ensuring processes and solutions are well documented to ensure data consistency, transparency, the integrity of data
- Evaluating new technologies, adding and/or consolidating vendors to help improve and optimize our existing processes
- Working closely with our teams to understand what they need and determining the best way to deliver on their requirements
- Effectively communicating learnings from analyses of the business to provide recommendations cross functionally with Sales, Marketing, Product, and Underwriting to ensure that were meeting/exceeding our targets
What youll bring:
- At least 3 years of experience within an operations role or similar position responsible for administering a companys technology stack and/or managing KPI reporting and dashboards
- Experience with SalesForce and Tableau, or similar BI tools strongly preferred
- Strong business acumen, analytics, troubleshooting, problem-solving, communication, and project management skills
- You love to optimize and experiment to drive improvements and results
- You are hands-on, curious, and love to explore new technologies
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously from start to finish
- Bonus Points: Experience working for a startup and/or consumer finance company
Our Team & Culture
At Hometap, we pride ourselves on being Owners -- of our jobs, our output, our careers -- and Good Neighbors -- we believe helping each other means helping the company, homeowners, and investors succeed.
Equally important to your skill set is what you bring to our team and business. We are looking for a creative thinker who looks for opportunities within challenges, rolls up their sleeves to get things done, values collaboration and communication, and embraces the Homeowner-first mentality. Critical to our mission is being thoughtful in everything we build. If youre someone who embraces this builder mentality, youll be right at home here.