We are DraftKings.
Were inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building whats next, and continuously reinventing the industry. Were a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
Shape a rapidly scaling part of our Engineering team.
Were looking for an Operations Support Engineer to help with the operational support of existing and new software systems. In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day support for all the technologies and processes for your team. Youll play an integral role in improving, expanding, and maintaining our software and infrastructure. Youll also be the subject matter expert for monitoring your teams services, ensuring continuous stability, high quality, and the timely provision of the teams deliverables. Sound good to you? Join us!
What youll do as an Operations Support Engineer:
- Take ownership for the day-to-day operational support for your team, using internal tools, writing SQL, interacting with SQL databases, to ensure the operational integrity of the platform.
- Manage, document, and triage support and development requests related to your teams services and processes.
- Triage and resolve production issues for key business stakeholders and VIP customers, based on the defined internal SLA time-frames and Escalation policies.
- Monitor services and processes and help to improve monitoring capabilities (ex. production traffic, data validations, job failures, application health, etc.) including building and maintaining dashboards and alerts.
- Help improve and maintain support documentation, including Runbooks.
- Perform approved customizations and stakeholder requests.
- Follow best practices throughout and apply automation where beneficial.
What skills you will use:
- Experience in an IT, SRE/DevOps, or technical support capacity.
- Experience working with relational database technologies like MySQL or SQL Server.
- Experience working with and debugging web services and applications utilizing several industry-standard logging and monitoring tools.
- Exposure to cloud infrastructure management tools for AWS/GCP/Azure.
- Creative problem-solving skills are a plus.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build whats next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.