Bring creativity, customer service, process and scalability to an amazing company culture that is committed to making business more human. Wistia's Office Manager will help us build out (and move into!) a new office, create and roll out the right amount of structure and process to help us navigate growth, own the look and feel of the space, help coordinate events and be a trusted resource for all employees.
- Own the space. Whether it's thinking through floor plans and furniture, ensuring spaces are organized and tidy, working with vendors, stocking up on office supplies, or thinking through how to make the space work better for the team - you will own the day-to-day experience of the office.
- Keep the team hydrated, caffeinated and fed. Wistia offers weekly team lunches, snacks, coffee, and various other perks. You will make the day-to-day decisions on what we offer, coordinate with vendors, and keep our supplies stocked.
- Plan, manage and execute inclusive Wistian events (i.e. ski trip, summer outing, holiday party, Pitchfest). You'll also be a point person and key resource for when other teams are planning and hosting events, like team off-sites, events open to the public, and other employee-run events.
- Build systems. Wistia is 100 people and growing - we know some of our processes need revisions. You will help us think through where our systems can be improved and how to best educate the team on the how's and why's. You'll help us balance efficiency with a human experience that delights!
- Assist with tech. We don't expect you to be an IT wiz, but you will need to understand and be able to troubleshoot some basic issues with our presentation A/V, conference room tech and basic software access issues.
- Be a friendly and approachable point of contact. You will be the point person for all employees and should take pride in helping folks and maintaining an office where folks can do their best work..
- 2+ years in office management. We need someone who can hit the ground running, help us build out processes and think about ways to improve efficiency.
- Customer-service orientation. Wistians are your customers. You must be able to build trusting relationships, establish yourself as an approachable resource and delight them on a regular basis with your responsiveness.
- Highly organized in managing your priorities. Your days will involve balancing a mix of requests from Wistians, longer-term projects, contacts from vendors and your day-to-day jobs.
- Tidy. Our office should feel camera-ready at all times, be organized and allow people to do their best work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication. You should be human in all communication - whether one-on-one or company-wide - but also recognize the need for nuanced messaging and matching tone to the task and audience.
- Creative and proactive problem-solver. You'll need to break down complex problems and propose simple, creative solutions, while also anticipating and planning for future needs.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. Growth means adapting and being agile. You are able to operate without all the answers and tweak your proposals and plans to support the business.
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. You can learn more about the type of company were building on our blog. Check out our Jobs page to get a feel for our culture and the benefits of working at Wistia.
We want you to grow, contribute, and have fun here! We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A competitive salary
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
- A convenient office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park