Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, were making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, were bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who were looking for:
As the Office Manager for Starrys Boston market operations, youll play an essential role in building and maintaining our office culture. Our ideal candidate is a positive self-starter who is detail oriented and can proactively solve problems in a fast-paced environment. Working directly with the People Operations Manager and Corporate Office Manager, you are motivated, reliable and will assist with daily activities at both our Boston office and warehouse locations. This is a full-time position with normal working hours of 8:30a - 5:30p. Flexibility is occasionally required for company or client events.
What youll do:
- Answer incoming calls and field voicemails to appropriate personnel
- Sign for and distribute incoming mail and packages
- Greet visitors, offer refreshments and alert appropriate colleagues of their arrival
- Coordinate and facilitate catering for weekly lunches and other company functions
- Help coordinate both in-office and off-site events and gatherings
- Maintain overall cleanliness of office throughout the day including cleaning conference rooms, wiping down counters and managing dishwashers, microwaves and coffee makers
- Occasionally assist with booking travel for visitors
- Order and organize safety equipment for field employees and fleet vehicles
- Assist with scheduling and organizing safety and HR trainings
- Submit and follow-up on work orders with building maintenance
- Ownership of some HR/Recruiting responsibilities including on-boarding (setting up desk space, office access, and appropriate uniforms for new hires), reference checks, and occasional interview scheduling
- Maintain inventory for kitchen, supply cabinets and print areas
- Special projects as necessary
- 2+ years experience in Office Management, preferably in a fast paced environment
- Working familiarity with the Google Suite
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Attention to detail is an absolute must
- Ability to bend, squat and lift up to 30 pounds
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
Bonus points if..
- Youve worked with Netsuite
- You have an affinity for office botany
- You have experience with an applicant tracking system
- You have a sense of humor
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.