Mendix is on a mission to fundamentally reinvent the way applications are created, by abstracting the process and enabling everyone who has a stake in an enterprises digital future business people and analysts, web developers, software engineers, even CEOs to meaningfully participate, thereby creating better applications faster. Our goal is simply to create the future of software development.
Mendix Office Manager will be the first person that employees and guests meet when visiting our Boston office. You are the cultural champion performing a wide range of administrative and office support activities to facilitate the smooth operations of our office, as well as creating a great experience for those interviewing with Mendix. The ideal candidate will love working in a fast-paced environment and go above and beyond the call of duty to support us in creating a great place to work. If you have limitless energy and want to work for a game-changing company, we definitely want to talk to you.
- Office Environment / Administrative - Manage daily operational projects that support a work environment where employees can thrive. This include managing the office environment, tidiness, onsite vendor management, snacks & lunch management, conference room appearance / functionality.
- Culture & Events- This is such an important element of the job - organize and plan company events such as lunches, happy hours, birthday celebrations, and team events.
- Finance Support- Support with A/R and A/P tasks and light finance duties.
- Travel Support-Assist with booking travel and help with expense reports for executives
The Ideal Candidate
- Relationship Builder: build strong relationship across all levels and functions of the organization. You are seen as a trusted, go to resource for all Office Management needs.
- Prioritizing Multi-Tasker: manage multiple requests from different people. Prioritize, and create systems and processes that benefit employees.
- Resourceful & Proactive: you are a can do problem solver that proactively seeks solutions to existing problems and predicts future problems before they happen. You have a positive attitude and can be counted on as a valuable member of the team. People are comfortable approaching you with their questions, challenges, and requests.
- Organized: you are a neat freak and can be counted on to make sure things are in order.
- Professional: take pride in your work, have a polished presence, strong communication skills, the ability to work with sensitive information, and adapt to multiple personality types in a fast-paced environment.
- Technical: you are computer-savvy and able to learn independently.
- 2+ years of experience in related field
- Excellent communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Very detail oriented and proactive nature
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several efforts simultaneously
While we live on different continents and work on different things, we are one team with a shared mission and set of values. We are passionate and strive for new heights, professionally and personally. We value collaboration, initiative and hands-on creativity. Above all else, we believe in a culture of growth, respect, and fun.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But youll find one at Mendix. We pioneered low-code software development technology, which is arguably one of the most transformative technologies of the 21st century for building applications. Already, Mendix is the engine powering digital innovation for thousands of enterprises. The world of software will never be the same, thanks to Mendix. Neither will you, once you start making the future as part of the Mendix team.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means were backed by the resources and stability of one of the worlds largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim is to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. Thats why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. Our organization is growing, in 2018 we added 200 new employees and opened new offices in the U.S., Germany and the Netherlands and we have plans to open a new office in the U.K. in 2019.