The Office Administrator is responsible for coordinating and administering day-to-day office/facilities operations, office/pantry supplies, and furniture, fixture and equipment (FFE) repairs and maintenance.
You will be the first point of contact for service providers, physical security services, visitor/escort workflow, mail and food delivery, vendor site visits and housekeeping/janitorial services for Carbonite’s corporate headquarters.
In addition, you will be responsible for core administrative services, such as the new hire process, collection of NDA forms, employee moves, adds, changes, workspace/tracking/reconfigurations, and event/meeting scheduling and coordination and day-to-day service operations of the Boston office.
Specific Objectives & Responsibilities:
- Handle visitors, vendors, and deliveries for our corporate headquarters
- Daily mail sorting for entire office, management of incoming/outgoing UPS and FedEx
- Point person for entire office for building service/facilities requests
- Serves as main administrative contact to Carbonite and external visitors/callers
- Assists with space planning and small project coordination, such as personnel moves, coordinates relocations and office events
- Teams cross-functionally across regions with other administrative personnel to coordinate integration activities, achieve consistent service offerings and programs – Environmental, Health and Safety, Wellness, Preferred Vendors – travel, workplace amenities and activities
- Administers PO process for Facilities portfolio - purchases, payments and procurement workflow
- Supports and aligns with the Carbonite Director of REWSS goals and objectives
- Engages and connects stakeholders and service providers to foster a culture of process improvement
- Partner with Carbonite HR/Talent Acquisition teams as necessary
- Implement and coordinate conference room checklist for day porter and perform random spot checks
- Assist and coordinate aesthetic and Facilities and life safety process improvements for workplace operations
- Coordination of drills, inspections and Life Safety events – including response support to unplanned BCP events
- Additional office manager/facilities duties as needed
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them completion
Skills & Experience:
- 1-3+ years’ experience in an office management position or relevant experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office skills required.
- Multitasking and prioritization skills are a must.
- Proven ability to interact with people at all levels of the organization.
- Prior experience in a reception, administrative, or customer service role is preferred.
Carbonite provides a complete Data Protection Platform for businesses and the IT professionals who serve them. From backup and disaster recovery to data migration, high availability and endpoint protection, our flexible solutions can be tailored to meet the data protection needs of any business.
Carbonite solutions are strengthened by our outstanding team members and through strategic acquisitions—like our purchase of leading endpoint protection provider Mozy Inc., and high availability specialist DoubleTake Software. Our laser focus on security and our track record of meeting customers' unique requirements are two more reasons why businesses around the globe depend on Carbonite.
Carbonite is made up of over 1,000 smart and dedicated individuals who work at locations all over the world. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. With our robust Data Protection Platform, we are well-positioned in a rapidly growing market. We're currently looking for talented people to join the Carbonite team both in the U.S. and globally. Are you ready to grow with us?
Carbonite, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, accommodations will be made available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability. If you require accommodations, we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodations wherever possible. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.