Youtopia®: We’re on a mission to “Make Vibrant Health and Longevity to 120 a Simple and Achievable Reality for All of Us”! If that inspires you, keep reading.
Our tribe is built on the foundation of love, driven by our massively transformative purpose. We strive to be heroes to Youtopians everywhere. That starts with living a life true to ourselves and representing the company with honor 24x7x365. On our team, we strive to help you dedicate 70% of your working time doing what you do best: building amazing things with other amazing people in a fast-paced environment. (and having a blast doing it!) Your accomplishments will be measured in “people served” and progress made daily.
A unique opportunity exists at Youtopia® for a self-starter with a growth mindset to join our start-up where innovation is valued. We need a Senior Full Stack Engineer to understand business needs, scope requirements, and build scalable, high-impact features for customers and internal teams.
As our Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will:
- Design overall architecture of the web application.
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Collaborate with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions.
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection.
- Design client-side and server-side architecture.
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design.
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications.
- Write effective APIs to achieve core business goals.
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software.
- Create security and data protection settings.
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design.
- Write technical documentation.
- Collaborate with a team of software engineers and assist less experienced members of the team.
- Develop apps that are making a material impact on the world and will be seen by millions of users.
What you bring to the table:
- Great UI/UX is critical; aesthetics, animations, copy and speed included.
- Code quality is a top priority; style guides, code reviews, best practices.
- Collaboration; great communication is the key to any project.
- Constantly curious; constantly learning and evolving.
- Comfortable juggling multiple projects and coordinating with existing development team, DevOps, product managers and stakeholders.
- Comfortable wearing multiple hats
- Experience working in startup environment
Required experience and education:
- 5-10yrs experience in a similar role working with both back-end and front-end framework.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- Multiple years of experience writing software used by lots of people.
- Prior experience working with major cloud providers like AWS, Google Cloud, Azure.
- Good understanding of Version Control - preferably using Git.
- Prior experience with backend technology like Node.js / Express, Ruby on Rails, Python / Flask / Django, etc.
- Prior experience with front-end frameworks like React, Vue.js or AngularJS.
- Database technologies (both SQL and NoSQL).
Why you should work with us:
- Unique opportunity to work with an early stage, well-funded, start-up on the path to help millions of people achieve vibrant health through the power of optimal individualized nutrition.
- Flexible work environment
- Medical, dental, and life insurance