Devo, the cloud-native logging and security analytics company, empowers security and operations teams to maximize the value of all their data. Only the Devo platform delivers the powerful combination of real-time visibility, high-performance analytics, scalability, multitenancy, and low TCO crucial for monitoring and securing business operations as enterprises accelerate their shift to the cloud. Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Devo is backed by Insight Partners, Georgian, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Learn more at www.devo.com.
The Network Operations Center Engineer is responsible for the monitoring of Devos platform. Exceeds Customer Expectations by maintaining a vigilant outlook on the performance of Devos tools and services to offer best in class uptime and unparalleled flow of data and analysis. They will act as a Team Player by ensuring collaboration between any and all teams needed to resolve the issues being faced by our customers.
You will Make and Keep Commitments by understanding the importance of adhering to our SLAs and error budgets to carry out necessary improvements to elevate the performance of our platforms monitoring processes and systems.
- Establish, develop and maintain a program to protect internal and external enterprise assets
- Continuous monitoring of platform status to predict future architectural needs and ensure stability
- Regularly align all stakeholders regarding cloud operations infrastructural needs and obligations
- Work with developers to write packages and deploy scripts for different products and services
- Work with the operations team to streamline and improve upon existing processes and procedures
- Collaborate with the management and make recommendations for improvement
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent applied work experience, relevant to Computer Science
- Moderate Linux Administration Experience and strong general systems administration experience
- Management and tuning of basic services such as webservers, appservers, dbs, proxies, etc.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP stack and system networking
- Basic understanding of Cloud Computing and virtualization principles
- Minimum of 2 years programming or scripting in Python, Bash and/or Perl
- Experience using AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Experience using version control systems like Git or Gitlab
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.
Devo does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
"Devo is committed to creating a welcoming culture that is not only grounded in teamwork and customer success but is fair and equitable for everyone." Marc van Zadelhoff, CEO
At Devo, diversity and inclusion means more than treating employees well and making them feel welcome. It is a commitment to hiring people who bring different insights because of their unique perspectives, ways of thinking, and prior experiences.
We intend to continue hiring great people and protecting our culture so everyone can be themselves and speak their minds. That way Devo will always be a place filled with purpose, energy, hard work, thoughtfulness, and respect.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Devo outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Devo's policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Devo Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Devo and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid