National Manager - Government Accounts
Hi there. We’re Zipcar, the world’s leading car-sharing network, driven to make cities better places to live.
Since 2000, we’ve worked hard to turn a brilliant and disruptive idea into a movement that serves more than a million members worldwide. We’re keeping the pedal to the metal and growing every day. That’s why we need talented, passionate people with great ideas to join the Zipcar family.
Want to work for a company that is shaping the future of urban mobility? Ready to join a dynamic, playful, diverse, and respectful company that’s seriously changing the world? Then apply! To learn more, visit zipcar.com or zipcar.com/careers.
For this role, you can be located in in Boston, New York or Washington, DC!
We are seeking a motivated, hardworking professional to deliver innovative solutions to local, state, and federal government agencies. You will work closely with our field teams and public policy team to expand sales opportunities through strategic networking, negotiating and closing sales in the government segment. Having a deep understanding of complex government agencies will drive your success. You must be consultative in your selling style and be comfortable with self-sourcing leads and booking your own appointments. You will be based in our Zipcar Home Office, selling Zipcar for Government services, where you need to fact find, present a solution and sell to prospects’ needs. You will need to be polished, articulate and have a great work ethic. You must be a target achiever with proof of past success. You must also have great presentation and communication skills.
To learn more about Zipcar, what we do, and how we do it, visit zipcar.com. For further employment opportunities, visit zipcar.com/about/jobs.
- Seek out new growth opportunities and generate new sales leads
- Acquire new government agency accounts by developing and maintaining a sales pipeline
- Understand customer needs and recommend innovative solutions by anticipating and responding to their requests
- Write proposals and respond to Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- Manage and grow a portfolio of existing partnerships through ongoing support, contract renewals and strategic expansion
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly, quarterly, and fiscal year revenue and member acquisition targets for portfolio partnerships
- Determine new business strategies to enhance and grow account revenue and member base, through the execution of a marketing plan and monthly engagement tactics
- Lead sales calls, complex sales cycles, customer relationship building activities, and negotiations of sales contracts
- Strategize with the Zipcar Home Office and field teams(s) including fleet, marketing and member services to implement tactics to improve and build account revenue, acquisition, engagement, or adoption goals
- Work with Avis Budget Group peers to cross and upsell products and services, further strengthening market share and customer satisfaction
- Travel and participate in trade shows, meetings, presentations and city functions to further relationships and create lead opportunities
- Track and accurately report sales activity and performance using Salesforce.com and other reporting tools
- Travel up to 15%
- Four-year college degree in a related field required, advanced degree a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a B2B sales
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with complex government agencies
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of outside sales processes
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage time, and with a sense of urgency, prioritize and focus on critical tasks
- Proven ability to manage and grow multiple existing accounts with outstanding results
- Experience with complex, long sales cycles
- Proven, verifiable track record in a hunter role with ability to build relationships and farm top customers for growth
- Ability to manage internal and external relationships effectively, driving consensus and action for the best outcomes of any opportunity or effort
- Critical thinking and strategic sales planning
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Must pass Zipcar Pre-Employment background check and drug screen
As a member of the Zipcar Team you get a great benefits package including health and dental insurance, 401k, vacation time, paid holidays, personal and sick leave, along with a full complement of other insurance and support programs.
Because our work has a global impact, we enthusiastically support each employee’s commitment to creating a better world by offering:
- Free Zipcar membership & discounted driving rates for you and your significant other
- Paid volunteer time off
- Bicycle commuter reimbursement
- Paid parental leave for mothers & fathers
- Training and development programs to accelerate career growth
- Global footprint of job locations and opportunities
- Flexible and open work arrangements
- Fun, respectful, passionate, and collaborative environment
- Educational Assistance Program
- Company sponsored parties, outings, and events
- Discounts on a variety of products and services through Zipcar partners
Zipcar is an EEO Employer