We are seeking a motivated, intellectually curious, and hardworking professional to deliver innovative car sharing and mobility solutions to SMB and enterprise clients. This role is highly cross functional involving sales strategy, field operations, segment marketing, and product pricing. The scope of this role will focus on expanding sales opportunities with current customers while strategically developing new lines of business. This role will be responsible for sourcing proposals, end to end contract negotiations and fielding all inbound and outbound leads. This role is heavily entrepreneurial beginning as an individual contributor and then building and scaling a team over time. This role is based in our Zipcar Home Office (Boston, MA) and reports to the Director of Sales & Account Management. The ideal candidate will be thoughtful, collaborative, highly motivated and a self-starter with the ability to think strategically and work proactively in a fast-paced and complex environment.
To learn more about Zipcar, what we do, and how we do it, visit zipcar.com. For further employment opportunities, visit zipcar.com/about/jobs.
- Be responsible for the entire Zipcar for Business segment including revenue generation, end to end customer negotiation and core strategy.
- Understand, organize, and optimize the current Zipcar for Business book of business while seeking out and capitalizing on new growth opportunities
- Work closely with the director of sales and cross functional teams to develop a playbook for day to day operations and long-term growth plans.
- Understand customer needs and recommend innovative solutions by anticipating and responding to their requests in a timely and persuasive way.
- Manage and grow a portfolio of existing partnerships through ongoing support, contract renewals and strategic expansion
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly, quarterly, and fiscal year revenue and member acquisition targets for portfolio partnerships
- Determine new business strategies to enhance and grow account revenue and member base, through the execution of a marketing plan and monthly engagement tactics
- Lead sales calls, complex sales cycles, customer relationship building activities, and negotiations of sales contracts
- Strategize with the Zipcar Home Office and field teams(s) including fleet, marketing and member services to implement tactics to improve and build account revenue, acquisition, engagement, or adoption goals
- Travel and participate in trade shows, meetings, presentations and corporate functions to further deepen relationships and create lead opportunities
- Track and accurately report sales activity and performance using Salesforce.com and other reporting tools
- Travel up to 15-20%
- Four-year college degree in a related field required, advanced degree a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in B2B sales
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with complex negotiations at the enterprise level
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of inside/outside sales processes and lead generations tactics
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with financial basics including revenue, EBITDA, profit targets, etc
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage time, and with a sense of urgency, prioritize and focus on critical tasks
- Proven ability to manage and grow multiple existing accounts with outstanding results
- Experience with complex, long sales cycles
- A desire to lead a team over time
- Ability to manage internal and external relationships effectively, driving consensus and action for the best outcomes of any opportunity or effort
- Critical thinking and strategic sales planning
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and Salesforce
- Must pass Zipcar Pre-Employment background check and drug screen