Vecna Robotics (https://robotics.vecna.com) seeks a multi-robot coordination expert to continue to enable Vecna robots to reliably perform increasingly complex tasks individually and in multi-robot teams. You will help design robot systems that robustly perform their tasks in dynamic environments and with ever-changing deadlines and priorities. You will be instrumental in building systems where robots use real-time and learned information to adapt and augment human workflows for maximum efficiency. You will implement and develop combined task and motion planning as well as multi-robot scheduling algorithms, and test them on real robots. This is a full-time, salaried role.
In this role you will:
- Implement and evaluate existing planning and scheduling algorithms, and modify them as needed for our application.
- Interface with enterprise software and the autonomous navigation stack to integrate your work into our overall robot software architecture.
- Design and perform tests to verify our task planning framework in simulation and on robots.
What we are looking for:
- Non-classroom experience with task planning and scheduling algorithms of multi-robot systems (internship and/or research experience is ok).
- Experience with at least one of the following: C , Python, or Java.
- Strong analytical reasoning abilities.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with dynamic task execution systems a plus.
- Experience with combined task/motion planning techniques a plus.
- Experience with ROS a plus.
About Vecna Robotics:
Vecna Robotics is an exciting engineering startup in the process of scaling its suite of autonomous, material handling robots for the warehouse and supply industry. Our technology is designed to integrate seamlessly with workers for safe and flexible bulk transportation and fulfillment in a dynamic environment. As we become a leading producer of these collaborative warehouse robots, we seek candidates who thrive on developing creative solutions to daily challenges and can approach those challenges from the customer point of view. Our talented and hardworking team values self-discipline, leadership, innovation, and learning. This position is a full-time, salaried role. To learn more about the technology behind our robots, please see our YouTube video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HuBeNHpWhc