Motional is looking for a highly experienced, proven expert to become the Motion Planning Technical Fellow, driving strategic motion planning initiatives to advance the autonomy team and engineering organization as a whole, to propel Motional's unique vision within the autonomous vehicle industry to the next level.
The Motion Planning Fellow will report directly to our VP of Autonomy, Sammy Omari.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to drive next-generation technology initiatives, shape software vision for the Autonomy team at Motional and take a leading role in organizational changes required to achieve the vision.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What you'll be doing:
- Strategic mentorship and advisement to motion planning engineers and research scientists on cutting edge algorithms, from design, prototyping, testing, deployment, to productization.
- Provide strategic insight to design and build robust and scalable codebase that enables rapid exploration and evaluation of different motion planning approaches and algorithms.
- Show initiative and be a lead team member in our innovative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where cooperative teamwork is the norm.
- Shape a vision for game changing improvements to accelerate development, build/test pipelines and implementation of autonomy solutions.
- Drive technology innovation and development initiatives and execute outcomes that will help guide new technology investments and implementation decisions.
- Contribute to the evolution of Motionals Motion Planning strategy.
- Help identify technical debt and drive continual improvement by partnering with stakeholder organizations.
- Serve as a visible technology thought leader in the industry.
What we're looking for:
- Proven expert in Autonomous Vehicle Research and Development solutions, specifically geared towards autonomy and motion planning.
- Deep technical understanding of autonomous vehicle technology.
- Track record of delivering technology and architecture deliverables implemented in large-scale deployments.
- A Master of Science degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field. A Ph.D. degree is preferred.
- 15+ years of relevant technology and architecture leadership experience within the autonomous vehicle space.