eCommerce has exploded in 2020 with online sales more than doubling in the US. And that trend is only increasing in 2021! Not only are more people buying online, but they are spending more when buying online. Our customers and potential customers are responding to a new world and many have inadequate technology or no technology at all. Many eCommerce leaders are being asked, for the first time, to provide insights and analytics to their CEO’s and boards and they are coming to Profitero for help.
To capitalize on this demand which is forecast to continue, we are looking for account executives in the US to drive our continued growth. This role will play a pivotal part in the continued success of our business.
Profitero is the leading global provider of eCommerce intelligence for global brands and retailers.
Profitero provides global brands with critical eCommerce insights, helping to enhance their online sales and market positioning. We deliver key online metrics, including pricing, product content quality, search ranking, share of online shelf and promotions, in any country and from any online or multichannel retailer. We currently collect online insights from 450 million product pages at more than 8,000 online retailers in over 50 countries worldwide every day.
Position location; Remote with trips to the US office in Boston, Massachusetts.
The ideal candidates will have experience of exceeding targets in an eCommerce and / or marketing technology based sales environment. Working in a fast paced company they will have the ability to learn quickly and have the self motivation and determination it takes to succeed in a rapidly evolving environment. Ability to manage the sales process from start to finish is critical and this will include working effectively with internal stakeholders such as Marketing and Strategy & Insights to ensure we offer solutions which deliver against our clients’ needs.
- Build a pipeline of opportunities across an allocated portfolio of brands that sell on eCommerce sites like Amazon, Walmart, Target, Chewy,, etc.
- Deliver against quarterly sales targets by closing contracts with deal size ranging from $30k to $200k+ multi division contracts
- Developing a high level of expertise of Profitero’s industry, product offerings, competitive landscape and understanding of associated technologies and how they solve customer’s business issues
- Profiling and researching target accounts in assigned territories utilizing methods and tools such as LinkedIn, SalesForce, Outreach and others
- Working closely with our Business Development Reps and Marketing team to effectively manage in-bound opportunities
- Arranging conference and online calls, product demos and face-to-face meetings (when able) to demonstrate solution benefits & capabilities to key decision makers with Solutions Consultants
- Preparing and managing sales pipeline and opportunities in SalesForce.com
Negotiating pricing of contracts and closing deals
Qualified candidates will possess:
- 2+ years of direct sales experience with proven track record of exceeding targets
- The ability to effectively engage with prospects at all levels up to board
- Excellent consultative sales skills, with a clear focus on building an understanding of client needs
- Strong negotiation skills with great commercial acumen
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and active listening skills
- Must speak and write in English fluently
- Polished presentation skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to multitask to prioritize and manage workflow
- Strong attention to detail and ability to effectively engage with prospective clients
- Highly developed networking skills
- Solid account qualification skills; Self-starter approach to researching target accounts and gathering contacts
- Strong revenue forecasting ability
- A positive and enthusiastic outlook toward the attainment of sales and marketing goals
- Focused drive to exceed expectations
In addition, the following will be an advantage:
- Previous experience selling tech solutions to brands & manufacturers in Ecommerce or Marketing
- Understanding of, and contacts within the FMCG or CPG sector
- Experience of working with Salesforce CRM and Outreach
We hire only the best and provide the compensation, bonus and benefit programs appropriate for proven top-performing professionals. We want our employees to have an opportunity to share in the financial success that results from our dedication to service excellence, high-quality deliverables and an unparalleled client experience.