Office Tour Photos
Desktop Metal is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. Our mission is to make additive manufacturing accessible to all engineers, designers and manufacturers. In doing so, we believe we will empower businesses to adopt radical, new approaches to design and production and enable businesses to realize the promise of additive manufacturing across a breadth of vertical markets.
Desktop Metal is located in Burlington, MA - a short 30 minute drive from Boston. We are now going public via a business combination with TRNE and have previously raised $438 million from investors including Google, BMW, NEA, KPCB and GE. Join us and our talented team of engineers, materials scientists, and startup veterans as we change the way products are designed and produced using additive manufacturing.
Desktop Metal is looking for an experienced Application Engineer to join our growing sales team. This role is critical and highly visible in our organization. This role will help drive the adoption of our technology inside some of the most innovative customers in the world. The Application Engineering team is responsible for providing pre and post sales support to our channel partners and customers. This includes inspecting potential opportunities for feasibility, consultation, and providing sales samples if the opportunity requires. The Application Engineering team serves as a voice of the customer, acting as a bridge between the software and engineering teams and end users.
- Maintain expertise in product positioning, specifications, operation and applications across several additive technologies
- Understand the application of technology to customer problems - manage the technical aspects of the sales cycle from initial consultation through design optimization and ultimately productization.
- Provide pre and post sales support to value added resellers (VARs), prospects and customers
- Articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users
- Engage with VARs and customers to provide product demonstrations, application evaluation, design consultation for additive techniques, feasibility studies, benchmarking and training
- Work with sales, product management, and R&D to develop the best technology and user experiences for our customers
- Work cross functionally with customer support to resolve customer application related difficulties including troubleshooting print defects
- Provide on site customer and reseller application user trainings as needed
- Follow up with pre and post sales sites to ensure strong customer engagement and success
- Communicate to engineering, service and product inefficiencies or confusion in the field
- Create training content and user instruction guidance as needed
- Engineering background (Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, or similar degree)
- Binder jet process tuning
- Metal powder-based additive technology experience
- Customer service or Sales support experience (minimum 5 years)
- Strong understanding of conventional manufacturing processes
- Passionate about additive manufacturing
- Team Player - ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment
- Organized and highly ambitious
- Excellent Communication and problem solving skills
- Additive support generation design
- SOLIDWORKS/OnShape/Autodesk Inventor or Fusion 360 or equivalent
- Magics/Netfabb or equivalent
- Generative Design software experience
- 3D printer slicer software experience (Cura/Insight)
- Hands-on experience with 3D printing operations (especially metal)
More Jobs From