The Grommet Merchandising team is seeking a Merchandising Co-Op/Intern for the Spring 2019 semester to work with our team to support email, website merchandising and product sourcing initiatives. In this role, youll report to our Senior Merchandising Associate but will work cross functionally with other teams to support a variety of buying, site merchandising and email planning functions. The ideal candidate should have a keen eye for products and trends, an understanding of consumer behavior and a desire to learn about managing an ecommerce store and supporting a business with strong email marketing.
- Support the product updates process by sourcing on trend products from existing makers that align with the editorial calendar, communicating with makers and collecting assets in order to get new products site ready.
- Strategically merchandise and optimize the online catalog and help maintain our monthly promotional calendar to ensure a rich customer experience.
- Support daily email execution and coordination by planning seasonal or thematic email content that can be supported by products within our catalog and assist with product selection for daily email, Saturday collections and holiday campaign content.
- Track all changes made to the daily email calendar by entering product data into calendar tool.
- Participate in email planning and merchandising meetings, propose new ideas for engaging content or email test opportunities
- Experience in other professional settings, ideally e-commerce or retail. Some knowledge of merchandising for consumer e-commerce, digital marketing and media platforms for amplification
- Passion for product and ability to identify trends
- An eye for detailsyou pride yourself on the quality of your work and dont send anything out without triple-checking
- Proficient with Excel and Google Apps
- Excellent oral and written communication skills