Menu Quality Specialist
ezCater is the #1 online - and the only nationwide - marketplace for business catering in the United States a $23.9 billion market. Our 3.8M+ on-time ratings and reviews, our 60K+ caterers and restaurants, and our 5-star customer service make it superbly easy for business people to find and order great food for their meetings. Were backed by Insight Venture Partners, Iconiq Capital, and Wellington Management, were on a path to $1B in 2019 and $2B in 2020, and well get there even more surely if you come help us.
ezCater menus are the beating heart of our marketplace. At the intersection of both sides of our platform, ezCater menus simultaneously guide our customers to place the perfect order and help our partners grow their catering businesses. Whether customers are looking for BBQ sandwiches for their team building seminar, vegan Korean noodles for their department outing, or a festive holiday meal for their office party, our carefully curated menus provide both the attention to detail and the streamlined experience that lead customers to say, time and time again, that we really do make their lives easier.
Menu Quality Specialists are on the frontlines of quality control for each and every menu on the ezCater platform. Our quality specialists work to review & improve newly created menus & menu updates to ensure that all of our menus balance ezCaters standards & style with our catering partners brands -- all while keeping both accuracy and functionality top of mind.
And who are we? We are a team of tech-obsessed foodies who move fast & also know how to beautifully define kimchi & tahini on the fly. Were driven & dedicated to bringing ezCater menus to the next level of excellence (and also love a good debate about the spiciest hot sauce while were doing it).
As a Menu Quality Specialist, youd be responsible for:
- Reviewing & editing ezCater menus for quality & accuracy before they go live on the platform
- Revising & maintaining the quality on our existing menus
- Gathering & sorting data and trends to track progress and drive team development
- Developing & presenting re-trainings as needed on an individual and team-wide basis
- Owning process enhancements to propel success for our catering partners and efficiency for the team
What you should bring to the table:
- Dedication to the finer details
- Devotion to upholding our high standards of quality while meeting team & individual deadlines
- Experience with editing work and providing feedback to peers
- A passion for learning -- We created our database of style & standards ourselves, and well expect you to jump in, become an expert, and help us make it better
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Growth mindset! A passion for innovation and constantly trying new things - and the curiosity and metrics-driven attitude to track everything you do
Please include a cover letter, but throw everything that is best practice about writing cover letters out the window, and please write as explicitly as possible what resonates with you about this job.
What youll get from us:
Most importantly, youll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life of any age who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and heres what else youll get: Market salary, stock options youll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.