Who we are
BookBub is one of the fastest-growing consumer tech startups in Boston (and were profitable). Millions of readers use BookBub every day to find great books, and our service empowers thousands of leading publishers and authors to drive sales and find new fans. Were expanding our team to address the challenges and opportunities of the publishing industry while continuing to help readers find books and authors theyll love. Learn more about what to expect working at BookBub.
About the position
BookBub is seeking a new Member Support Specialist! Were dedicated to providing prompt, thoughtful support to our engaged community of book lovers from around the world. Insights from our interactions with readers help us to make BookBub an even greater place to discover books. If youre passionate about providing excellent customer support, meticulous in your attention to detail, and interested in helping book lovers of all kinds, please apply!
Our ideal hire believes in the transformative power of great support and genuinely enjoys helping others. As a Member Support Specialist, youll work at the heart of our organization using your troubleshooting skills to help book lovers.
This is an in-office role in Cambridge, MA, and has a start date as early as December 2019.
- Providing frontline support. The majority of your day will be spent helping ebook and audiobook readers via email and other channels.
- Developing product expertise. Youll become an expert in all things BookBub! On a daily basis, youll troubleshoot potential issues, document feature requests, share feedback, and help members get the best out of our products.
- Creating documentation. When youre not working directly with members, youll use your product expertise to maintain and develop our knowledge base by creating FAQs, how-to guides, and troubleshooting articles.
- Advocating for our members. Youll be the main point of contact for our members. Other BookBub teams will rely on you as the voice of our members and expect you to proactively share their feedback.
Who were looking for:
- To be successful in this role, you need to LOVE solving problems and have incredible communication skills. If you get excited by a tricky problem or new challenge and youre constantly finding better ways to explain complex technical processes to people of all skill levels, wed love to hear from you!
- While previous experience in tech support isnt required, you should have experience providing amazing customer service. No matter the situation, you always communicate with empathy and self-awareness. You dont believe in lost causes, and you go out of your way to help those in need.
- You're resourceful and make the success of your team a priority: your default is helping others and you're motivated to see projects through from start to finish. If something needs doing, you do it. You're excited to work as a team so we can win as a team.
- You thrive in an environment where you learn something new every day. Youre comfortable with uncertainty and embrace these moments as opportunities to grow by learning from those around you.
- Youre a skilled writer and fluent in technology: you write and speak in English with ease, and value prose that is simple, clear, and engaging. You enjoy trying out the latest technology and youre a quick study when it comes to new software and technology.
- Bonus points if youve worked in a support or success role before, or have experience working at a startup like BookBub!
At BookBub, were looking for motivated individuals who are excited to grow with us. You dont have to perfectly match these requirements to apply.
BookBub offers competitive benefit options including medical, dental, vision, 401k, generous paid parental leave, and take-what-you-need paid time off.
Our interviewing philosophy
Our goal is to get to know you in a low-pressure, friendly environment and to give you ample opportunity to learn more about us, too.
Our typical process includes these types of experiences:
- A resume screen and introductory phone/video chat
- A take-home exercise where youll have the opportunity to demonstrate your communication and problem-solving skills
- Additional conversations with your potential future team members, the hiring manager, and People Operations
We personally review every application, and if we think there might be a fit, well typically reach out via email within a couple weeks to start the conversation.
We will always do what we can to be flexible around your personal time commitments, deadlines, and general availability. We know that by joining our interview process, youre trusting us with your time so well do our best to run a process for you thats as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
Your interview experience
Our goal is to create an environment where you can interview at your best. If we can provide any assistance or accommodations during your time with us, please let us know at email@example.com. All requests are treated as privately as possible and have no impact on candidate eligibility.
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
More Jobs From