A bit about us:
Were on a mission to change healthcare how its paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
Thats why were gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
A bit about this role:
Devoted Healths Operations teams have the opportunity to make a difference every single day in the complex world of health care. We aim to care for every member as we would our own family.
We view moments where members share feedback with us, informally or through our Appeals and Grievances process, as particularly important to that mission. Handling these moments with care and grace is a critical part of living our cultural values, and deriving data and insights from them to inform better operations will help us to differentiate our member experience.
The Manager will be responsible for representing the voice of the member to the organization, helping us to use member feedback to improve our operations and member experience. In this role, you will be leading the Appeals & Grievances team and using the insight from its data to help improve our operations and member experience. You will be managing and supporting A&G specialists to be successful in providing excellent handling of appeal and grievance cases, including: coaching, oversight of staffing and work queues, and improvement of workflows. you will analyze data to improve the productivity of the A&G operation and to identify trends suggesting opportunities to improve member experience. Finally, you will develop action plans in partnership with other operational leaders to drive changes emerging from member feedback.
Responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing member feedback and other data to identify opportunities to improve member experience
- Drafting and implementing action plans to address root causes of trends observed in member feedback
- Providing leadership, coaching, and development to a team of specialists handling appeal and grievance cases
- Directing the daily activities of external and internal partners and team members to continually improve A&G processes, including turn around time and quality
- Identifying process inefficiencies and creating and implementing process improvement
- Developing ongoing reporting and analysis to measure the productivity of the A&G department
- Providing feedback to Team Lead and Specialists on monitoring/auditing results with recommendations for training and developmental needs of individuals and/or the department, ensuring service excellence
- Producing and overseeing execution of policies and procedures to meet CMS guidelines and MA regulations and to assure compliance
- Supporting Internal and External audits as applicable
Desired skills and experience:
- Strategic and/or management work experience; MBA preferred
- Ability to manage a team to productivity and quality goals
- Strong analytic and strategic planning skills
- Proven organizational, communication, and informal leadership skills
- Experience analyzing data in Excel; SQL preferred
- You can articulate and break down complex information
- You help create environments of safety and joy for the teams you manage
- The ability to work in a startup environment, which means being self-reflective and transparent in your work, whats going well, and whats not
Attributes to success:
- Demonstrates an understanding of and alignment with Devoteds Values and Mission
- Outstanding customer service focus with the ability to relate to internal and external customers in a positive and professional manner
- Ability to prioritize and multitask while maintaining focus on key objectives and goals
- Ability to function both independently and as a team
- Takes appropriate initiative while soliciting input/advice appropriately
- Well-organized with bias toward action
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoteds Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
More Jobs From