Office Tour Photos
Starry is looking for a Junior Mechanical Engineer to work on our unique consumer facing products. As an individual contributor, the candidate will take ownership of mechanical designs through the entire product life-cycle concept, feasibility studies and tradeoff, engineering development, verification testing, new product introduction, production thru end of life. The challenge will be applying mechanical principles in an innovative manner to meet RF electrical performance requirements. Candidate should be proficient using 3-D Solid Modeling software (Solidworks) and have an understanding of manufacturing and testing practices.
What Youll be Doing:
- Engineering, design and documentation of electronic packaging for consumer and infrastructure products
- Collaborating with Senior Engineers on highly complex RF projects
- Creating 3-D CAD modeling, layouts, PCB outline drawings and detail/assembly drawing creation
- Building and testing prototypes which carry through to production units
- Support product development teams from concept through production phases
- Responsible for basic structural and thermal analysis, material and finish selection, with a desire to focus on analysis and design interaction.
- Sourcing and procuring custom fabricated products
Experience and Education Required:
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering and 1 - 2 years of experience
- Prior experience should include machining, plastic injection molding, sheet metal, casting, rack, PCB fabrication and backplane/daughter PCB mechanical design. Basic cable design knowledge
- Basic Dimensioning and Tolerancing in accordance with ANSI Y14.5M including general understanding of tolerance build up and manufacturability
- Be experienced with EMI, thermal, vibration and shock environments and design concepts as they relate to electronic packaging design
- Proficient with Solidworks
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work on engineering projects in multi-discipline team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
More Jobs From