We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer with experience designing reliable mechanical systems. We are looking for an exceptional individual contributor who understands a diverse range of engineering disciplines, has a strong understanding of engineering fundamentals and has experience designing real products that go into real factories
What you'll do:
- Design parts and subsystems for world-class electric ride-share scooters.
- Provide impartial guidance and feedback on design concepts, analyses, and documentation.
- Use best-practices to develop robust mechanical systems from concept to production.
- Work DFM tasks and facilitate the transition toward high volume production.
- Perform structural design, analysis, and optimization using analytic and FEA methodsAnalyze, prototype, and test various materials and processes for optimal performance and manufacturability.
- Design and run tests to evaluate both prototype and production level hardware.
- Engage in cross-company collaboration between electrical, firmware, design, and product teams.
- Work with our supply chain team to develop components, sub-assemblies, and products that are cost-effective, reliable, and timely.
- When it is safe to do so, potentially travel overseas to evaluate suppliers and develop solutions to problems.
What we're looking for:
- Strong capability to perform white-board analysis of technical problemsHistory of innovative, creative solutions to difficult design challengesKnowledge of high-reliability cost-conscious transportation and mobility systems
- Experience designing integrated electro-mechanical assemblies
- 5+ years of experienceMS/BS in Mechanical Engineering Proficiency in CAD modeling, preferably Solidworks
- Demonstrated experience bringing a product from initial concept to volume manufacturingExperience with design for reliability and reliability testing is a plus
- Competitive benefits with company subsidized medical, dental, vision & disability insurance and a 401k plan. Generous time off policy.
- On the job training with a leadership team that is committed to growth and development of all employees.
- A team of awesome, like-minded, driven people that support each other, and mentors from across the top echelons of industry.
- The chance to have your voice heard and help shape Superpedestrians future.
- Equity in a fast growing company.
- A commitment to an actively anti-racist environment.
IF YOU HAVE NOT HAD HANDS-ON TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE DESIGNING PARTS AND ASSEMBLIES WITHIN THE PAST TWO YEARS, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY