SimpliSafe is looking for a Mechanical Designer to help drive the development and manufacture of our camera and core alarm products. In this role, you will:
- Design, build and test mechanical components and hardware within a fast-paced engineering group adhering to project schedules and stage gate requirements.
- Rapidly iterate through mechanical design prototypes.
- Support the Mechanical Engineering team in the completion of projects with minimal guidance.
- Collaborate with contract manufacturers from product concept to mass production.
- Associate degree in Mechanical Design Technology or similar.
- Expertise with commercial CAD packages - SolidWorks preferred.
- Expertise with drawing fundamentals.
- Experience with PLM systems.
- Experience with Plastic Injection Molded part design.
- Prototyping experience including the use of 3D printers.
- Enjoys working in a highly collaborative cross-functional environment.
- Has a detailed eye for less but better design practices.
- Experience with DFA and DFM.
- Experience working with a multi-disciplined project team.
- Experience working with Asian manufacturers.
- Experience using GD&T and datum schemes.
- Experience with Industrial Design requirements.
- Knowledge of materials.
- Knowledge of various fabrication technologies including co-molding and additive.
Simplisafe is a home security company that is based in Boston, MA which creates and sells self-installed security systems. Our company was founded by Chad and Eleanor Laurans in 2006 when they had several friends whose homes were broken into. Chad and Eleanor started designing Simplisafe products in their own home when they realized there werent any solutions available on the market that were geared towards renters. From these humble beginnings, Simplisafe has become a major competitor in the home security market and was recently acquired by private equity firm Hellman & Friedman.
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a no-ego, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. We have recently been named in Built In Bostons Best Places to Work in 2019 list and in Wealthfronts 2019 Career Launching Companies list. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company youd enjoy working for, wed love to hear from you!
Benefits & Perks: