Located 30 minutes outside of Boston, Desktop Metal (NYSE: DM) is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. We offer a portfolio of integrated additive manufacturing solutions for engineers, designers and manufacturers comprised of hardware, software, materials and services. Our solutions span use cases across the product life cycle, from product development to mass production and aftermarket operations, and they address an array of industries, including automotive, aerospace, healthcare, consumer products, heavy industry, machine design and research and development. At Desktop Metal, we believe additive manufacturing, commonly referred to as 3D printing, is one of the most exciting and transformational technology innovations of our time.
Desktop Metal is seeking a talented and self-motivated Materials Technician to join the Materials team.
- Conducting experiments under supervision of scientists/engineer
- Performing material characterization and analysis
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment.
- Mechanical testing of metals and interpretation of results in standard and non-standard mechanical tests
- Operating furnaces used in sintering experiments
- Maintaining high level of communications with cross-functional team, and partners
- Working with an interdisciplinary team to define, write, and execute designs of experiments
- Demonstrated ability to develop deep understanding of the end user needs quickly, and to proficiently translate those needs into the right technology solution.
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Previous experience in metals processing or similar industry
- Powder metal processing and characterization
- Familiarity with a wide range of alloys
- High temperature metal processing
- Vacuum furnace operation and maintenance
- Metallurgical laboratory processing
- Metallographic etching
- Optical Microscopy and Scanning Electron Microscopy
- Mechanical testing of metals
- Process troubleshooting
- High temperature materials experiments - heat treating, metal deformation
- Additive manufacturing
- Familiarity with statistics using MS Excel or similar
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.