Office Tour Photos
Desktop Metal is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. Our mission is to make additive manufacturing accessible to all engineers, designers and manufacturers. In doing so, we believe we will empower businesses to adopt radical, new approaches to design and production and enable businesses to realize the promise of additive manufacturing across a breadth of vertical markets.
Desktop Metal is located in Burlington, MA - a short 30 minute drive from Boston. We are now going public via a business combination with TRNE and have previously raised $438 million from investors including Google, BMW, NEA, KPCB and GE. Join us and our talented team of engineers, materials scientists, and startup veterans as we change the way products are designed and produced using additive manufacturing.
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
We are seeking a talented and self-motivated Materials Technician to join our Materials team.
The Materials Technician will be responsible for:
- Conducting experiments under supervision of scientists/engineer
- Performing material characterization and analysis
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment.
- Mechanical testing of metals and interpretation of results in standard and non-standard mechanical tests
- Operating furnaces used in sintering experiments
- Maintaining high level of communications with cross-functional team, and partners
- Working with an interdisciplinary team to define, write, and execute designs of experiments
- Demonstrated ability to develop deep understanding of the end user needs quickly, and to proficiently translate those needs into the right technology solution.
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Previous experience in metals processing or similar industry
- Powder metal processing and characterization
- Familiarity with a wide range of alloys
- High temperature metal processing
- Vacuum furnace operation and maintenance
- Metallurgical laboratory processing
- Metallographic etching
- Optical Microscopy and Scanning Electron Microscopy
- Mechanical testing of metals
- Process troubleshooting
- High temperature materials experiments - heat treating, metal deformation
- Additive manufacturing
- Familiarity with statistics using MS Excel or similar
More Jobs From