Office Tour Photos
Desktop Metal is looking for a Vice President of Materials to lead a specialized team of materials scientists and engineers. The materials team works on metallurgical research, optimizing process parameters for metal alloys, materials characterization, heat treatment, and metal powder evaluation.
- Supervising research, development, and qualification of material formulations, debinding processes, and sintering processes across alloy compositions and product lines.
- Managing requirements, scope, and schedules for material development.
- Collaborating with hardware and process engineering to develop robust printing processes for metallic components.
- Collaborating to define requirements for 3D printing processes and materials.
- Collaborating to define requirements for materials processing hardware.
- Maintaining high levels of communication with cross-functional teams on schedules and product development status
- Working with an interdisciplinary team to define, write, and execute designed experiments
- MS or PhD in materials science, metallurgical engineering or related field
- Prior experience supervising materials research in both early and late stages of product development.
- Deep experience in metals processing or similar industry
- High temperature metal processing
- Powder materials processing
- Additive manufacturing
- Quality engineering
- Intellectual property development
- Excellent written and oral communication
More Jobs From