Markforged is reinventing manufacturing with the most affordable 3D metal and carbon fiber printers capable of producing parts strong enough for the factory floor. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged metal and composite printers for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and high-value end-use production and optimizing their manufacturing and supply chains. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 250 employees globally, with $137 million in both strategic and venture capital. Markforgeds vision is a world in which you build anything you imagine. Markforged was recently recognized by Forbes in the Next Billion-Dollar Startups list and listed as the fastest-growing 3D printing company in the US in the 2019 Deloitte Fast 500. To learn more about Markforged, please visit https://markforged.com.
Whether you are an experienced laboratory technician looking to be part of a fast growing company, or recently out of school looking to refine your laboratory skills, Markforged can be a fit for you. As a Materials Laboratory Technician, you will support materials research and development. You will operate analytical equipment, run experiments and perform maintenance on materials test equipment. You will work directly with materials engineers and scientists, contributing to a collaborative and productive work environment.
In this role you will:
- Characterize plastic and metal materials with a variety of analytical equipment (Mechanical, Thermal, Electrical properties) under the guidance of materials scientists
- Record data, summarize findings, and present results to the Materials team
- Ensure lab equipment is properly calibrated and perform necessary maintenance
- Use and maintain the chemical inventory system
- Comply with safety and protective equipment regulations
What we look for:
- A Bachelor's degree in Materials Science, Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or related. An associates or technical degree with relevant experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated success with documentation
- Attention to detail and organization skills
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Have enthusiasm in 3D printing
- Ability to lift samples and stock lab materials
- We use Apple computers and G-suite collaboration tools. While experience with these tools is not required, the ideal candidate will be excited to broaden their knowledge and embrace change.
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more. Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks. You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employees skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
More Jobs From