Marketing Programs Manager
Science is critical to how Alexa is revolutionizing daily conveniences, from playing music and controlling your smart home, to getting the latest sports scores and so much more just by using your voice. It’s not hyperbole to say that our conversational AI inventions are having a direct impact on the lives of millions of people. We need an experienced marketing programs professional to help us demonstrate how Alexa scientists and engineers are leading the way in customer-focused conversational AI science. We are seeking an individual with a passion for science and artificial intelligence, and the skill to develop and execute integrated marketing communications programs at first- and third-party events, and develop content that highlights the game-changing science behind Alexa.
The Marketing Programs Manager will lead our event strategy, working closely with our recruiting teams on key industry events, and with others within Amazon on first-party events. The marketing manager will create our event content strategy and help develop an end-to-end system to ensure effective and consistent follow-through on all leads. The individual will work with internal stakeholders to find and coach executive speakers for internal events, and coordinate with PR on any external event speaking opportunities.
The Marketing Programs Manager will be expected to bring a fresh perspective to Alexa AI event participation, create compelling content, and work well with others to achieve Amazon-wide goals, when required. This role requires an individual with a blend of creative visual and written communication skills, combined with the analytical aptitude to define success metrics and develop reporting mechanisms.
· Define Alexa AI event strategy, on-site experiences, and funnel management processes
· Develop tenets for Alexa AI event participation
· Develop best practices for events, from initial planning to lead management follow-through
· Partner with internal clients and collaborators to develop integrated marketing strategies for events and other marketing programs
· Develop processes for managing budget, forecasting and outcomes reporting
· Collaborate with other Amazon event managers in developing a consistent, coherent strategy for capturing and managing event leads
· Develop an Alexa AI “event in a box” strategy to ensure others worldwide can execute events effectively, utilizing the content and processes you create.
· Work with others in Alexa marketing to develop effective pre-, during and post-event promotion and communications strategies.
· Manage projects across multiple teams and organizations to ensure Alexa AI and Amazon achieve their marketing programs goals.
· Manage process to ensure presentation content is updated regularly
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 5+ years of event-marketing experience
· Previous experience with science-related event marketing
· A proven track record in measureable outcomes
· Demonstrated strategic marketing skills, combined with an ability to execute independently
· Demonstrated experience in bootstrapping event marketing programs and processes
· Demonstrated proficiency in developing integrated marketing programs
· A desire to “learn and be curious” when engaging with highly technical content
· Excellent written, visual and verbal communications skills
· A self-starter, yet team player
· Excellent organization skills, with attention to detail
· The ability to thrive in an environment where change is a constant
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.