Marketing & Operations Associate
Posting Date: Dec 2019 Starting Date: January 2020
The Marketing & Operations Associate position is a unique entry-level opportunity to get involved in the Startup Ecosystem and interact with some of the most active investors, entrepreneurs, accelerators and community organizations in Boston and beyond.
You will co-design and implement marketing strategies related to programming and growing the TCN community. You will create & manage all marketing, social media and newsletters for TCN. You will also support event logistics, content creation and other research & admin duties for TCN programming. This position reports directly to the Program & Marketing Manager.
TCN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Assist with creation, conception, and execution of Marketing Campaigns, Social Media and Newsletters to support TCN & various partnerships.
- Support team with events & logistics and day-to-day admin & communication with entrepreneurs.
- Foster relationships with marketing & community partners, including investment groups, co-working spaces, and other members of the ecosystem
- Manage our Fellowship for Female Founders applications and selection process
- Collect and manage feedback from our community and stakeholders to continuously improve and uncover new opportunities
- Work with interns on special assignments
Who you are:
- Outlook: Have a positive attitude and a genuine desire to help
- Adaptable: Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and comfortable with independent work and trial & error.
- Efficient: Must be willing to try, test and use new tech/SAAS products to make our work more efficient.
- Organized: This is key! Able to juggle multiple responsibilities, while prioritizing and managing your time ruthlessly
- Communicative: Must love working in a small team and be a clear and friendly communicator.
- Experience: Some marketing experience and/or planning events and/or building communities a plus
- BA/BS not required - but must have equivalent work experience.
- WordPress & Social Media Management skills a big plus.
- Transportation: Monthly T Pass Provided
- Paid Vacations
- Paid Sick Days
- Summer Fridays Off
- Work Environment: Co-working space in Fort Point by South Station.
Hey! See yourself in most of these qualifiers but not all of them? That’s ok - apply anyway and we can look into it!
To apply email a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org :
Please send us one-page cover letter to email@example.com telling us about yourself by answering these questions:
- Why Us & Why Startups: Tell us why you want to work with startups, and why at The Capital Network in particular.
- Why You: Tell us why you are the right match for this opportunity.
- Our Communication & Marketing: Take a look at our Website &/OR Social Media (Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn posts) - what would you do to improve how we communicate?
Please be sure that the cover letter is no longer than 1 single page. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Thank you!