Marketing Manager, Demand Generation
OReilly is looking for a Marketing Manager for demand generationresponsible for developing, planning, and implementing marketing programs for O'Reilly conferences and content related to or supporting conferences. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in implementing, optimizing and scaling campaigns through channels like Google Ads, Facebook, Twitter, retargeting and other performance-oriented channels. We would like someone who is highly analytical, data-driven, and is comfortable with an iterative, test and learn approach to scaling demand generation channels.
The Marketing Manager role performs a variety of marketing functions: marketing plan development and execution, advertising placement, email campaigns, post-event data reconciliation, preparing reports and spreadsheets, support for a variety of event logistics, social media promotions, and other miscellaneous marketing duties as needed.
- Oversee the implementation and planning of online marketing activities across established and emerging channels such as SEM, paid social media, retargeting, display advertising and other channels as needed.
- Work with the Marketing Lead to plan and execute marketing plans for assigned events via online, print, email, and community channels.
- Identify opportunities to optimize and scale demand generation programs to improve conversion and marketing efficiency.
- Manage to a specific budget and traffic goals, allocating funds across channels to delivery against goals and marketing ROI.
- Analyze and track results of marketing efforts (i.e. website statistics, customer/registration information, survey data, etc.) to improve effectiveness.
- Research and develop relationships with key influencers and groups to gain their involvement in promotional activities.
- Coordinate ongoing email blasts to promote event and products, including messaging, list selection, and delivery dates.
- Explore new marketing opportunities, channels, and vehicles.
- Execute onsite marketing duties at every event, including scheduling handouts, surveys, and daily emails.
- Bachelors degree
- 3-5 years of experience in digital marketing and advertising
- Familiarity with social media and other online marketing tools (Google Ads, Facebook, Twitter, Google Analytics)
- Highly analytical, with strong skills in extracting insight from data
- Excellent Excel skills for data analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability follow-through with projects
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment, provide and accept feedback in a professional manner, and support team workers to achieve common goals
- Must be able to work within tight deadlines and shift priorities when necessary
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time, including weekends and holidays