Soofa is the neighborhood news feed that connects a community with screens everyone can see and anyone can use.
We are looking for a summer Marketing Intern to help us tell the story of Soofa and promote our brand through creative communications, blog posts, client strategy, and more.
Remote applicants (U.S.-based only) welcome. The ideal candidate is available 40 hours/week from mid-May through the end of August 2021.
Soofa is for people with a shared stake in a special place. Join the movement!
- Support the Marketing team with day-to-day marketing tasks
- Brainstorm, write, and edit copy for blog posts
- Write and design marketing materials (emails, educational materials, etc.)
- Help manage and update Soofa’s social media accounts
- Work on business development projects, generating lead lists and inspiring new businesses to sign up to advertise on Soofa Signs in their neighborhoods
- Brainstorm and execute your own ideas that will improve the experience of people who use Soofa Signs for their marketing campaigns
- Current student pursuing a degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
- Ability to effectively translate general direction into compelling communications
- Experience writing blog posts and email copy
- Knowledge of social media best practices
- Great attention to detail
- Very organized with effective time management skills
- Can work independently with little direction (you are the type of person who works on many projects outside of your classwork)
- Drive for continuous improvement
- Creative problem solver with an eye for design
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a diverse team
Bonus Points For
- Experience with Hubspot or other marketing automation software
- An eye for design, and experience with programs like Canva or the Adobe creative suite
Perks of Working with Soofa
- Flexible PTO
- Best of both worlds: Our Cambridge, MA HQ is safe and compliant, but WFH is encouraged and easy
- Virtual team events at least 2X/week
- The opportunity to forge your own path and grow in any direction that’s exciting for you
- You’ll work with a well-connected team of Harvard and MIT grads
- Company culture focused on talent development and caring personally