Office Tour Photos
Are you a scrappy, love-to-get-your-hands-dirty, data-driven marketer who wakes up every morning thinking about how you can win more successful, happy customers?
Are you an expert at driving paying users in app marketplaces, such as WordPress, Apple Store, Google Play, or Salesforce AppExchange?
Do you thrive in fast-moving, test-and-learn, startup environments and have experience using packaging, pricing, paygates, positioning and the breadth of marketing channels at your disposal to help you achieve your goals?
This is the role for you.
We are looking for a Marketing Director for a new Constant Contact product targeting the WordPress community. We are looking for someone with a proven track-record of driving conversion in free-to-paid SaaS environments without a live sales touch. The role requires a rigorous test-and-learn approach, drawing insights from data, and quickly executing tests to improve funnel conversion. Youll partner with our Product and related teams as needed to get things done and drive results. Qualified applicants will have experience both winning new customers and managing them throughout their lifecycles driving retention and lifetime revenue. Qualified applicants should also have experience testing positioning, pricing, and packaging of new offers and be comfortable working across all aspects of marketing, from defining strategy, to managing customer communications, to writing copy, and more (we are looking for a global SaaS thinker with wide-ranging skills). The role requires experience marketing add-ons, apps, or plugins in third-party marketplaces such as WordPress, Apple Store, Google Play, or the Salesforce AppExchange. Top applicants will have WordPress experience and deep familiarity with WordPress users, WordPress ecosystem, and WordPress plugins. In this role, you will also manage a Conversion Marketer to help you achieve your goals.
Essential job functions
- Define and implement marketing strategy to find, convert, and retain customers for a new Constant Contact email marketing product tailored to Wordpress users
- Apply expertise on WordPress users, their marketing needs, Wordpress ecosystem, and Wordpress plugins to create a customer journey that generates successful, paying customers
- Define and deeply understand your target customer to drive marketing approach
- Define packaging and pricing strategy that maximizes business line revenue, including testing and identifying winning conversion model (e.g. freemium, trial, etc.) and paygates
- Craft positioning that cuts through the clutter of a noisey, competitive marketplace
- Enjoy working in a rapidly evolving entrepreneurial environment (startup within a larger organization)
- Ability to develop rapid strategic competitive understanding and craft equally rapid responses
- Partner with product and service delivery teams to align roadmaps with customer needs, defining new offers when necessary to best meet buyer needs
- Be a driving force for both customer success and Constant Contact financial goals, rigorously tracking and managing to KPI goals
- Manage a Conversion Marketer to support execute on your priorities
- 5+ years experience defining and implementing marketing strategies to drive free-to-paid conversion in Saas environments
- 5+ years experience marketing apps or plugins in third-party marketplaces (e.g. Wordpress, Apple Store, Google Play)
- 5+ years experience managing marketing across all relevant user touchpoints to drive customer conversion and customer success including: online ads, marketplace listings, content, email, etc.
- Experience driving creative and copywriting to support product conversion and customer awareness
- Track record of defining positioning, pricing, and packaging strategies that drive business results
- Relentless funnel optimizer: Proven ability to identify, prioritize, and execute on opportunities to improve funnel performance
- Influential leader who builds trust with peers and superiors, can effectively sell new ideas in the face of opposition, and develops highly collaborative relationships
- Excellent ability to create logic-driven, data-backed recommendations with an eye towards pithiness; excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong collaborator with experience leading teams of peers spanning multiple functions
- Self-starter who can operate with limited guidance but knows when to ask for help
- Positive attitude and proven team player
- Fearless to take on new responsibilities or try something new
- Outstanding flexibility, adaptability and sense of accountability
- Bachelor degree
- Experience using Wordpress and Wordpress ecosystem, including Gutenberg, plugins, etc.
- Experience marketing Wordpress plugins
- Experience building websites on Wordpress, with deep understanding of Wordpress ecosystem
- Saas startup experience
- 2+ years work supporting startup and developer ventures (or direct experience in a new business startup or small business)
- 2+ years experience with email marketing, website building, or related online marketing products
- Experienced people-manager
Why youll love us:
- In this era of COVID-19, we believe in putting our employees first and keeping them safe. We were one of the first technology companies to make significant changes to our office environments and team interactions, including mandatory working from home and safety procedures to enter our office space. We are committed to not require any face-to-face interaction for our employees until the data shows it is entirely safe for our teams. We have made the decision to stay remote until June 2021.
- We celebrate one anothers differences. Although we're proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, we're working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues, and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Join the experts.If you're passionate about supporting businesses of all sizes, you wont find a better spot to share your talent. Were dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint, and have a true desire to help the little guy/gals.
- Youll have opportunities to advance. Were fans of helping our employees learn different aspects of the business, be challenged with new tasks, be mentored and grow.
- Weve got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, flexible work arrangements and excellent medical, dental, and vision - were there for you!
More Jobs From