Marketing Business Intelligence Analyst
EF Educational Tours (a division of EF Education First)
Cambridge, MA, United States
*In accordance with public health guidance, all of our staff are currently working from home. However, our EF culture still runs strong. From virtual happy hours, group workout classes, and collaborative technology, we'll make sure you can stay close to your colleagues -- even from home. We hope to get back to the office at some point in Summer/Fall of 2021, and this role will be based in our Boston office at that time.
For more than 50 years EF has been working toward one global mission: Opening the World Through Education. Today, EF Educational Tours in Boston is looking for a Business Analyst for its Marketing Department.
The Marketing Business Intelligence Analyst position is responsible for reviewing, analyzing and evaluating marketing strategies needed to increase growth, market penetration and marketing return on investment. This includes providing support in the planning, design, and analysis of the customer experience and marketing campaign performance across the entire marketing lifecycle. The successful candidate will be naturally inquisitive and able to work independently. This position will collaborate with key business stakeholders across a variety of departments to design, develop and implement the data-driven solutions required to transform our marketing and capabilities.
EF is a large company with a small company feel. We foster a highly collaborative working environment that encourages ideas from every member of the team. Our team members enjoy ample opportunities for creative experimentation and professional growth. People who thrive here are comfortable working in a creative, flexible, fast-paced and innovative environment. We never stop pushing the boundaries of what we can do and where we want to go.
- Complete advanced analytical and strategic projects including campaign return on investment, marketing attribution, A/B testing and market penetration. Manage the departments efforts with advanced quantitative techniques.
- Make action-oriented recommendations to senior management with the goal of transforming our marketing and sales strategies.
- Identify KPIs and drivers of customer behavior. Proactively develop and report findings and recommendations to senior management.
- Pull, analyze and evaluate performance data of cross-channel marketing campaigns including but not limited to web, email, social, video, paid and organic social, direct mail and paid search channels.
- Validate, mine, and join data from multiple internal/external sources in the development of marketing strategies and tactics.
- Perform analysis of product sales and market trends to project future growth opportunities and competitive positioning.
- Review marketing expenditures/budgets and make recommendations to improve investment returns.
- Create Power BI dashboards for use within the Marketing Department and by senior management.
Required Experience and Skills
- 2+ years of experience in marketing (preferred) or business analysis with a command of the terminology, methods, strategies and fundamental metrics used in optimizing campaigns.
- Clear understanding of basic financial, statistical and economic concepts.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel with an in-depth understanding of pivot tables and Excel functions; strong knowledge of other interactive data visualization products and business intelligence tools (Power BI preferred).
- Familiarity with data warehouses and relational database systems.
- Strong experience with SQL.
- Experience with digital marketing technology is helpful; including web analytics (Google Analytics preferred), email marketing, search marketing, social media and conversion marketing.
- Polished communication and interpersonal skills ability to expertly translate the complexity of business issues and analyses into a language anyone can understand.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and the drive needed to experiment and then implement change.
- Ability to act independent; proactively developing recommendations based on data exploration.
- A. degree in Business/Business Analytics or B.S. degree in a quantitative discipline such as Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or Statistics. M.B.A. or M.S. degree a plus.
Below are just a few reasons why people love working here:
- Travel and Language Programs: EF product discounts
- Restaurant and bar right in the building
- Opportunity to travel internationally
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fun offsite outings
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year, four weeks starting in your second year
- Charitable matching
- Market leading health insurance
- 401(k) matching
- The people!
*In your application, please upload your resume and cover in the same document.
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programsfocused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academicsturn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, identity, parental status, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, So Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zrich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.