Who We Are
ButcherBox is a fast-paced, rapidly-growing company headquartered in Brighton, MA. At ButcherBox, we believe in better. That’s why we deliver 100% grass-fed, grass-finished beef, free-range organic chicken, pork raised crate-free, and wild-caught seafood directly to our members’ doors. All of our products are humanely raised or wild-caught and never given antibiotics or added hormones ever.
We’re working to build a world that’s better for all, and we’re inviting everyone to come along. For us, better means treating our planet with respect. It means improving the lives of animals and the livelihoods of farmers. It means never cutting corners when it comes to doing business. Ultimately, it means better meals, enjoyed together. Our team is made up of people who collaborate and support one another. We’re always looking for outstanding people to join our mission!
About the Role
At ButcherBox, we use data to drive our decisions — we’re not best guess type of people -- and we’re building out a team of marketing analysts that are essential in sketching out the narrative for decision making and strategy.
This role will be part of our Marketing Analytics team and focused on member retention and revenue. The team is comprised of specialized analysts who work directly with the retention & revenue team, while accessing the collaborative, supportive power of a greater group of analysts that work across all parts of our marketing strategy & business. People who are invested in our data, a well-engineered data environment, and the fast-paced, growth atmosphere make this role ideal for people who love working with data and driving real-time action out of it.
We want data and analytical enthusiasts who can join us in our journey to delight our members by offering an unparalleled experience when shopping with us. By working multi-functionally with the marketing department and key partners on the retention & revenue team, we promise you’ll gain exposure to all aspects of our business. We’re committed to crafting spaces where people with varied opinions, experiences and perspectives thrive and who knows – you might even earn an honorary PhD in meat!
- Provide strong data analysis to inform and support operational and strategic decisions
- Deliver business insight and make recommendations to leadership on groundbreaking and continuous improvement initiatives
- Maintain an up to date understanding of customer LTVs, what factors influence LTVs, and how they evolve over time
- Perform modeling and cost / benefit analysis to review key business drivers and efficiency against department critical metrics and budget
- Be a voice and advocate for using data to improve the quality of our decision making and lead cross functional strategic decision making
- Serve as a resource for the marketing team, helping them to forecast growth and performance
- 3+ years of experience in data analysis with a focus in marketing analytics
- Proficiency in SQL or Python/R
- Solid grasp of statistical concepts (confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, regression models)
- Proven knowledge of BI and reporting tools and ability to learn new tool
- Ability to influence multiple business partners to adopt new data centric approaches to achieve shared goals
- Comfort building and delivering presentations to the business, making technical components understandable to non-technical team members
- Skilled in breaking complex problems or questions into manageable components that can be easily tracked and communicated with stakeholders
- Management consulting experience
- Experience with D2C, eCommerce, subscription
- Hands-on experience in Power BI
What We Offer
ButcherBox strives to maintain a supportive and encouraging environment. We value autonomy and transparency, and allow our employees access to all levels of the organization. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of the steps we've taken and continue to take to promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We're open to remote work, and even encourage our in-office employees to work from home a couple days a week.
*Due to current circumstances regarding COVID-19, all of our employees are working 100% remotely for the foreseeable future
- Health: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, an employer-funded HSA, and short & long-term disability benefits
- Financial: 401(k) with generous employer match, an annual discretionary performance bonus, profit bonus, and equity ownership in the company
- Time off: unlimited paid time off policy, an executive team that encourages a good work/life balance
- Personal growth: professional development opportunities, including free access to online learning programs
- Food: a free Custom Classic ButcherBox each month and weekly lunch reimbursement
- Others: subsidized commuter benefits and reimbursement for gym membership
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure all individuals are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.