As the Market Strategy Advisor you will play a key role within the Enterprise Market Strategy team, effectively leveraging cross-functional partnerships throughout CVS Healths business units including Caremark (PBM), CVS pharmacy, Aetna, MinuteClinic, Specialty and Omnicare. You will focus on developing actionable insights and strategic approaches by monitoring and assessing competitive strategies and emerging dynamics to be monitored over time. These insights and strategies, coupled with a robust knowledge of how our competitors go to market, will be leveraged to inform key stakeholders on opportunities to position CVS Health and win or retain business.
In this role you will be:
- Analyzing industry trends, customer needs, market and competitive threats, expansion opportunities and internal performance and positioning
-Supporting the creation of a repository of competitive insights
-Creation of an ongoing selling season deliverable for an Executive audience in coordination with Finance and Sales leadership
- Conducting primary and secondary research to understand client and prospects support needs and business models, while also developing key competitive frameworks for gap assessments / strategy planning
- Creating and delivering regular and ad hoc competitive profiles to key stakeholders through discussions with internal SMEs, and externally vetting and evaluating sources of external information to determine emerging competitive trends
-Developing and nurturing effective relationships with key internal and external partners through demonstrated execution of competitive intelligence and strategy development best practices
-Comfortable developing insights and recommendations for executive audience as required, with an ability to draw inferences / make sound or thoughtful observations using at times limited or incomplete information
-Continuing to refine best practices and approaches to competitive intelligence monitoring, from leveraging both internal tools and systems to demonstrating a strong acumen for sourcing and evaluating new sources of information and/or data
Your success will be guided by your strong working knowledge of the healthcare industrys segments (Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, Exchange), health plan / payor knowledge as well as the broader PBM and healthcare landscape. You will also need to utilize your solid grasp of the enterprise assets that CVS Health possesses, and how those assets align to the needs of different client and prospect segments and how these assets compare to the competitive set. You will be collaborating very closely with client account teams, sales leadership, and cross-functional partners and you will need to leverage your demonstrated experience interpreting and translating competitive dynamics and client objectives/needs into strategic and tactical opportunities for competitive differentiation.
* 5+ years of related market strategy experience within the healthcare field is required
* Payor (Health Plan, Employer, Government), PBM and/or Provider experience is strongly preferred
* Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and self-motivation to think creatively and stimulate innovation
*Aptitude for creative thinking and going beyond Google to find new sources of information and intelligence
*Ability to objectively evaluate competitive strategies and points of differentiation based on robust and continued evaluation and monitoring
* Must be results-oriented, and able to convince leaders and stakeholders of his/her value, earn their trust and time, and work collaboratively to build and deliver actionable strategies
* High-level of skill and experience required in process definition, often in ambiguous situations and providing insights based on potentially incomplete information from external sources
* Possesses the ability to break down complex problems into discrete analytical questions and then guide a team to develop strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to drive design choices
* Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly with a diverse range of constituents, both verbally and on paper, at all levels of the organization (in particular, PowerPoint presentations)
* Experience with sales performance tracking for an Executive audience
* Ability to support quantitative and qualitative reporting while providing strategic insights and recommendations
* A Bachelors Degree is required, equivalent combination of education and work experience may be substituted
* Masters degree is preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.