Sea Machines is a fast-growing startup specializing in autonomous technology for marine vessels. The world’s oceans convey 90% of global commerce. We’re applying practical A.I. and machine learning to disrupt the massive maritime transportation market. Our tech provides ships and workboats the intelligence to work remotely, increases safety for maritime crews, and radically improves operator productivity.
We’re recruiting for an experienced customer-facing, marine systems field engineer to join our team. You’ll travel to customer and dealer sites to coordinate Sea Machines product deployment and service on customer vessels. You have demonstrated aptitude with marine vessel controls, electronics and mechanical systems. You have solid experience installing and commissioning complex hardware/software products and have excellent communications skills. You’re hands-on, innovative and passionate about new technology.
Sea Machines is funded by industry-leading technology investors and we’ve introduced our first commercial product, the Sea Machines 300. We’re located on the East Boston waterfront at Jeffries Point, steps away from the Maverick T station and Boston Harbor water taxis.
- Coordinate installation and commissioning of Sea Machines products in customer marine vessels worldwide working with our dealer network
- Monitor Sea Machines product performance in customer fleets
- Respond to customer support inquiries and provide timely resolution of customer field issues
- Maintain regular communications and reporting of any field issue to the operations and technology teams
- Provide input to product documentation including installation, service and user manuals
Requirements and Skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent resident/Green card holder
- You’ve done this before – you have 7+ years of installation and service experience for complex hardware/software technology products
- A background in supporting marine systems, controls, PLCs and electronics is required.
- Foster a customer support culture based on execution, quality and responsiveness
- Project professionalism, confidence and competence in communications and interactions with customers, partners, teams and management
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions
- Significant travel is required for this position
- Minimum of an Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Technology, Marine Engineering, Operations or a related discipline is required
- Marine certifications or licenses are a plus - please list when applying
More Jobs From