startup specializing in autonomous technology for marine vessels. The world’s oceans convey 90% of global commerce. We’re applying practical A.I. and machine learning to disrupt the massive maritime transportation market. Our tech provides ships and workboats the intelligence to work remotely, increases safety for maritime crews, and radically improves operator productivity.
We’re recruiting for an experienced customer-facing, marine electronics technician to join our team. You’ll travel to customer and dealer sites to coordinate Sea Machines product deployment and service on customer vessels. You have demonstrated aptitude with marine vessel controls, electronics and mechanical systems. You have solid experience installing and commissioning complex hardware/software products and have excellent communications skills. You’re hands-on, innovative and passionate about new technology.
Sea Machines is funded by industry-leading technology investors and we’ve introduced our first commercial product, the Sea Machines 300. We’re located on the East Boston waterfront at Jeffries Point, steps away from the Maverick T station and Boston Harbor water taxis.
- Install and commission Sea Machines products in customer marine vessels worldwide.
- Perform installation, diagnosis, and repair of marine navigation, communication, and computer systems following technical documentation and manufacturers’ specifications.
- Install software and conduct system configuration to complete customer deployments.
- Demonstrate excellent quality of work in adherence to marine industry electronics standards and best practices
Requirements and Skills
- Must be U.S. citizen or Permanent resident/Green card holder
- 5+ years’ experience installing, commissioning and troubleshooting marine electronics, navigation and communication systems on commercial, government and high-end recreational vessels.
- Candidate should have a solid background in understanding vessel mechanical and electrical systems, and the ability to independently problem solve.
- An excellent safety and reliability record.
- High school diploma/GED required (Associate degree, factory certifications preferred).
- Communication with customers in a professional manner.
- Significant domestic and international travel required.
- U.S. citizenship required.
More Jobs From