Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Superpedestrian is seeking a Manufacturing Engineering Manager with experience producing complex electromechanical assemblies. The role will be responsible for managing the manufacturing of electric micro mobility vehicles. You should have a proven track record of moving products through production and bringing them to market. You should have experience with manufacturing processes including casting, stamping, extruding and injection molding, and experience working in China.
What youll do:
- Support new product development by ensuring that components are designed for manufacturability (DFM) and that processes/procedures are adhered to in relation to quality, method and cost.
- Responsible for the technical relationship with suppliers and driving Superpedestrians needs while on the ground with suppliers in China.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Hands-on support of test development and execution.
- Lead production risk identification and mitigation efforts including PFMEA.
- Support supplier qualification process and initial quality review including PPAP.
What were looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with 7+ years of direct work experience including 3+ in a management role
- Must have experience working on the ground with suppliers and contract manufacturers in China
- Extensive knowledge of both prototype and production manufacturing techniques including rapid prototyping, machining, casting, forging, molding, stamping, etc.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively work with a global supplier base
- Ability to check detailed technical drawings of components and assemblies in a PLM system
- Extensive experience working as the direct interface to contract manufacturers with new product introductions is a plus
- Close attention to detail while being fast-paced and fast-acting
- Experience with GD&T - ANSI Y14.5
- Solidworks experience
- Ability to travel to China up to 50%
- Experience designing custom fixtures and test equipment for manufacturing electromechanical products is a plus