Office Tour Photos
Desktop Metal is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. Our mission is to make additive manufacturing accessible to all engineers, designers and manufacturers. In doing so, we believe we will empower businesses to adopt radical, new approaches to design and production and enable businesses to realize the promise of additive manufacturing across a breadth of vertical markets.
Desktop Metal is located in Burlington, MA - a short 30 minute drive from Boston. We are now going public via a business combination with TRNE and have previously raised $438 million from investors including Google, BMW, NEA, KPCB and GE. Join us and our talented team of engineers, materials scientists, and startup veterans as we change the way products are designed and produced using additive manufacturing.
Desktop Metal is seeking a talented and self-motivated Manufacturing Engineer to support our production ramp up. The ideal candidate will have experience supporting design engineering in early stages of prototyping through transfer to manufacturing.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for:
- Supporting Manufacturing Engineering Manager with initial production transfer to Contract Manufacturers and associated ramp up activities
- Coordination between internal Design Engineering teams and Contract Manufacturers to drive effective communication
- On site support at Contract Manufacturer to ensure efficient production transfer and issue resolution (Up to 25% travel)
- Development and documentation of manufacturing methods, procedures, and test results
- Supporting cross-functional root cause and corrective action activities
- Coordinate implementation of ECOs with engineering and contract manufacturer
- Supporting Supply Chain and Supplier Quality with vendor issue resolution
- Identifying and implementing cost down opportunities through collaborative DFM with internal design teams and contract manufacturer
- Developing detailed work instructions to aide in production transfer to Contract Manufacturers
- Minimum 3-5+ years of applicable Manufacturing Engineering experience in related field
- Ability to interpret and modify Engineering design documentation (schematics, drawings, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems to manage design release and document control
- Proficient with mechanical and electrical tools used in product development of electromechanical systems (common hand tools, drills, presses, multi-meters, oscilloscopes, etc.).
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways
- Demonstrated ability to process and analyze data to drive improvements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- BS/MS Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering or equivalent
- Proficiency in speaking Mandarin or Spanish is plus
- Understanding of safety systems and functionally safe design
- Contract Manufacturing
- PLM systems
- Solidworks Composer
- Additive manufacturing
- 3D printing
- Experience in lean manufacturing techniques
- Six Sigma
- Microsoft Power BI
- Python coding experience is a plus
More Jobs From