Managing Editor, Development Editor Team
The Managing Editor needs strong problem-solving, relationship-building, and decision-making skills as the position involves both working independently and depending on and interacting with other team members to meet editorial and production schedules. Training and utilizing staff resources effectively is one of the biggest challenges of the Editors job and often requires effective problem-solving to meet deadlines and at the same time remain sensitive to other departments priorities. Strong communication skills are the main prerequisite for this position.
- Hire, train, and manage a team of development editors to insure they meet our budget proposal
- Track and report on teams goals on a weekly basis
- Work closely with Production and Online Events staff and gain deep knowledge of internal tools and databases to deliver content according to specific deadlines
- Lead check-in meetings with Editorial teams to extract information on upcoming projects and then manage them to completion
- Oversee the calendar of online trainings and insure that all contracted trainings are scheduled and posted to our online learning platform in a timely manner
- Act as a single source of up-to-date information concerning products for all departments.
- Work with Editors, Marketing, and Conference organizers to manage creation and delivery of content (print and digital) for Conferences and other events.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proven project management and leadership record
- Ability to develop and execute on a content strategy
- Desire to grow individual team members
- Strong understanding of the business visual, goals, and strategies
- Effective written, presentation, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to unravel particularly thorny content development problems
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Ability to write clearly and accurately on technical subject matter
- Ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders including authors, trainers, and production team members
- Ability to maintain high professional standards in interacting with othersinside and outside of the companyat all times
You are a continuous learner, self-starter, and problem solver with strong project management and relationship management skills. You enjoy learning, leading, coaching, and helping team members build their own skills to succeed. You have excellent editorial instinct and people and project management skills. You have a solid understanding and appreciation of the business goals and are a masterful relationship manager.