Managing Editor, Custom and Online Content
The Managing Editorwill work closely with Acquisitions editors, Radar editors, Managing Editor of Production, and Director of Content Marketing to insure a constant flow of high quality, relevant content.The ideal candidate will be a problem solver who enjoys creating workflows and finding solutions but is flexible enough to handle changing deliverables and fast-paced schedules. They will be working across groups to deliver content.
- Manage a team of contract writers, interface with acquisitions and development editors to insure we achieve our budget
- Track and report on teams goals on a weekly basis
- Work closely with Production and Online Events staff and gain deep knowledge of internal tools and databases to deliver content according to specific deadlines.
- Lead check-in meetings with Editorial teams to extract information on upcoming projects and then manage them to completion.
- Act as a single source of up-to-date information concerning products for all departments.
- Work with Editors, Marketing, and Conference organizers to manage creation and delivery of content (print and digital) for Conferences and other events.
A continuous learner, self-starter and problem solver with strong project management and relationship management skills. Enjoy learning, leading, coaching, and helping team members build their own skills to succeed. You have excellent editorial and management skills. You have a solid understanding and appreciation of the business goals and are a masterful relationship manager.
- Proven project management and leadership record
- Ability to develop and maintain a network of writers
- Proven track record for allocating writing resources to deliver a steady stream of complex, long- and short-form content
- Strong understanding of the business vision, goals, and strategies
- Effective written, presentation, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to unravel particularly thorny content development problems
- Ability to work on tight deadlines andwrite clearly and accurately on technical subject matter
- Ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders including authors, trainers, and production team members
- Ability to maintain high professional standards in interacting with othersinside and outside of the companyat all times.