Managing Director, Investment Suite Engineering
Eze Software is seeking a Managing Director to lead our Invest Suite Engineering teams. This role is based out of our Boston headquarters. At Eze Software, our technologists are building multi-award winning products that help investment firms manage billions of dollars. Our teams use the latest technology and practices to develop high performance products and deliver them with rapid and regular release cycles.
The Eze Investment Suite, via a mix of traditional client-server and microservices architectures, provides a complete set of fully integrated applications that provide first-class asset management functionality to streamline the investment lifecycle. Applications can be combined together for a seamless front-to-back workflow, used standalone, or integrated with other third-party systems.
As the Managing Director for Engineering of this award-winning suite of applications, you will be responsible for defining and constantly improving engineering strategy while championing engineering’s role in an Agile environment and showing a natural proclivity and enthusiasm for people management and career development.
Day to Day:
- Providing overall strategy and technology direction for the development of applications and communication infrastructure supporting the Company’s solutions
- Strategic planning for all product development efforts to include the subsequent testing, release and production environment needs
- Overseeing all activities of development (development, QA, and application release)
- Implementing/adapting the overall architecture of our products and support infrastructure including day-to-day operations in conjunction with IT department, software development managers, and product management teams
- Assuming overall responsibility for the current and long range direction of technology for both internal and third party solutions by enhancing and implementing best-in-class programs, partnerships, policies, practices and systems while delivering high quality and repeatable results
- Supporting and aligning the development of the Company’s product roadmap within a suite of products spanning the entire investment lifecycle
- Leading and enhancing our agile methodology for the design, development, test and release of our products and features while coordinating with internal development groups across Eze worldwide.
- Establishing departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures
- Staying abreast of new technologies and issues in the software-as-a-service industry, including current technologies, platforms, standards and methodologies
- Ensuring efficient operations of agile development teams located in the US and India
- Being directly responsible for establishing and managing the operating budget to maximize utilization of resources and delivery of products and solutions.
- Participating in the strategic business and product planning process
- Defining and communicating corporate plans, policies, and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing, and designing new software products
- Being an active spokesperson and evangelist both internally and externally by communicating and promoting the Company’s technology vision and solutions
- Act as a highly visible evangelist for the business and the technology organization
Human Capital and Career Development
- Manage, mentor, inspire and continue to build an engineering organization of 100+ engineers who have strong experience with SaaS product development
- Provide leadership and motivation to the team to sustain high levels of productivity and morale
- Ensuring the knowledge sharing of engineering best practices across departments; and
developing and monitoring technical standards to ensure adherence to them.
- Ensure that the necessary people, processes and systems are in place to accommodate growth, measure results, and minimize risk
- Demonstrated success leading complex software development organizations with highly complex and scalable products. Specific experience with client-server and preferably .NET architectures.
- Proven leadership of large-scale software teams that have delivered great products on deadline
- Experience working at the executive level in the planning of development strategies, provide technical assessment of partner requirements, and represent Eze Software at the highest customer and partner levels.
- Proven fervor for tackling human capital and recruiting decisions and partnering with Human Resources and R&D Operations to establish personnel strategy
- Ability to successfully work cross-functionally with management teams to evaluate customer requirements and next generation products in order to develop and deliver new products on time and within budget to the market.
- Excellent communication skills, strong team player, and the ability to work cross functionally in a fast-paced, high-productivity startup environment
- Experience in Agile development methodology
- Experience in FinTech or financial services
- Experience in a multi-product, multi-application, multinational development environment
- Experience with globally distributed teams and business partners
- Experience in developing products and solutions around Windows, C#, C++, AWS, etc.
- Experience in building and maintaining applications that are mission critical for customers
Who We Are:
We are a trusted and proven partner to the investment community. We complement our award winning investment workflow technology with expert global customer service. We pride ourselves on fully understanding each client’s unique needs and advising them on best practices and processes to maximize their operational and investment alpha. Our team is made up of more than 1,000 global employees in 11 locations worldwide. We are headquartered in Boston, with offices in Chicago, Hong Kong, Hyderabad, London, New York, Rio De Janeiro, San Francisco, Singapore, Stamford, and Sydney.
We are a highly dedicated team of innovators and experts who love to collaborate on the cutting edge. We service our clients’ unique and growing needs with highly configurable, expansive, and integrated products for the entire investment process and community and we are never satisfied until our customers are delighted. We celebrate this passion and commitment by fostering a culture that promotes innovation, growth, communication and achievement from the bottom up. We nurture the entrepreneurial spirit and welcome productive debated. We encourage open communications and upward feedback, we learn quickly from our mistakes, challenge the status quo – all while remaining accountable to our colleagues and clients. We also understand work is a big part of life, so having fun and celebrating hard work is core within our culture.