Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were already the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and were expanding to the wholesale market. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus Wholesale is a new, transformative pillar of CarGurus. This business segment focuses on helping CarGurus dealers obtain inventory from a variety of sources, while building best-in-class products that allow consumers to sell their vehicles. This nascent segment is a primary focus CarGurus, as evidenced by our acquisition of CarOffer LLC in January 2021. As a Wholesale Strategy & Partnerships Manager you will be an integral part of CarGurus disruption of this multi-billion dollar market.
The CarGurus Wholesale segment includes:
- C2D: Helping consumers get competitive, instant offers on their vehicles
- D2D: Helping scale the CarOffer wholesale platform, both in terms of dealer signups and transactions
- P2P: Making selling or buying cars privately easy, safe, and secure.
What You'll Do:
- Be a key voice in crafting the strategy for CarGurus wholesale business segment, working directly with VPs, Directors and other senior management
- Evaluate new and complementary market opportunities to inform the buy, build, partner decision
- Develop and lead various partnerships critical to CarGurus strategic objectives in the wholesale space
- Negotiate contracts and agreements with vendors, partners and other third parties
- Work cross-functionally to launch, scale and optimize products and/or partnerships
- Become the SME for various opportunities for internal and external stakeholders
- Conduct data driven analysis to support and promote value-added business decisions
- Develop Go To Market strategies for various lines of business within the Wholesale segment
- Build influential relationships with people and companies throughout the automotive and technology industries
Who You Are:
- 4 5 years of professional experience, with at least 2+ years experience within corporate strategy, strategic partnerships, consulting, banking or similar field
- Bachelors degree requiredMBA a plus
- Ability to wear many hats, and operate in a start-up like environment
- Track-record of outstanding academic and professional achievement
- Strategic mindset with a history of developing impactful ideas
- Ability to create, execute and scale small scale pilot initiatives
- Self-motivated, well-organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent analytical skillsetable to translate quantitative and qualitative inputs into actionable strategic direction
- Capable of effectively tracking and reporting on project goals, progress and results
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, particularly to both internal and external executives
- High degree of professional and personal integrity
- Comfort working in a dynamic environment
- Willingness to travel
- Expert in Microsoft Office suite
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.