Who we are: WFCA Growth Strategy & Profitability is a team focused on driving our Canadian business to a >$10B opportunity.
In this position, you will be responsible for testing, building and algorithmically optimizing the product pricing, exposure and merchandising features to support the Wayfair Canada platform. This role requires a unique mix of business intuition, analytical expertise, and stakeholder management to drive strategic decisions related to growth and profitability. Typical projects will include analyzing trends, understanding the competitive dynamics of the business and working with cross functional partners to create innovative systems / platforms.
The successful candidate - along with their direct report - will define, develop and ultimately execute against the long-term vision for the Wayfair Canada platform. This individual will have a customer-obsessed, analytical mindset with a big appetite for bold ideas, a strong bias for action, and a desire to drive high impact decisions with executive-level visibility.
What Youll Do:
- Drive thought leadership for key initiatives critical to the long-term growth of Wayfair
- Conduct rigorous analytics leveraging tests and experimental data to uncover growth opportunities
- Work closely with algorithms, data science, category managers, operations, marketing, and engineering to develop a deep understanding of category dynamics
- Work closely with data science and algorithms teams to understand and measure consumer behavior, competitive dynamics, etc.
- Identify opportunities to accelerate growth and build tools to analyze and test new strategies
- Monitor operational and financial performance data to spot trends in the business and ensure competitive position/health of the business
- Leverage unique, proprietary, and massive datasets to answer thorny strategic questions that guide go-to-market strategy
What Youll Need:
- 3+ years of work experience in analytical, consulting, technology, startup, or strategy roles
- Demonstrated experience independently developing a strategy and driving tangible results
- Strong quantitative skills ability to develop analytical methodologies and assumptions, use data software to conduct analyses, and synthesize findings
- Strong business acumen ability to understand how various parts of the business interact, and can identify and approach problems from a customer perspective
- Proven experience and passion for working across functions and with c-level leaders, synthesizing multiple points of view, and owning a coherent action plan
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style based on the audience
- A highly entrepreneurial mind-set with an excitement to analyze big data and engage as a thought leader while collaborating with a highly cross-functional group of business partners.
- Ability to learn and act quickly, make decisions and draw conclusions in the face of ambiguity
- Experience with SQL, Google Big Query or Python is a plus but not required
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.