Office Tour Photos
Who We Are:
The Supply Chain Planning team collaborates cross-functionally with multiple teams across the company, ranging from Data Science, Operations Research, Product, Engineering, Operations, and Merchandising. We tackle complex, big-picture problems head-on and use data and analytics, processes, and technology to help frame business strategy and drive decision-making. Part of this strategy is to create innovative Sales and Operations planning systems that minimize risk and optimize cost within its Supply Chain Network for both Wayfair and its 5000+ suppliers and enable excellent customer delivery experiences. Improving Sales and Operations planning is a key strategic initiative at the company and is highly visible function. The Supply Chain Planning team within Wayfair uses in-depth analytics and business acumen to make smart and strategic throughput and capacity planning decisions.
What Youll Do:
The Supply Chain Planning team at Wayfair is looking for a Manager to join the global throughput and capacity planning function and collaborate with other team members and cross functional teams to achieve the teams mandate and goals. This will include:
- Envision the end-to-end complex business state by connecting various pieces together by communicating with different teams such as Inventory Planning, Sales, Transportation, Ocean Imports, Engineering teams, etc.
- Provide tactical inputs to warehouse operations for labor, storage, and transportation planning and risk mitigation solutions
- Provide long term capacity planning guidance for network growth and new facility launches
- Collaborate cross-functionally to create and implement initiatives that will allow us to more accurately predict capacity and throughput in our network by improving existing tools or implementing new methodologies through analytics
- Play an integral part in various process improvement by conducting thorough root-cause analysis on capacity and throughput forecast accuracy and recommending the improvement actions needed
- Prepare timely, accurate, management reporting on all relevant S&OP performance metrics (supplier compliance, data compliance, etc.) and lead development of new reporting as needed
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis and communicate the results of the analysis to the leadership in a clear and comprehensive way
- Work with large complex data-sets and generate meaningful insights for operational decision making
- Demonstrate strong motivation and drive to improve and develop the existing processes to the next level
- Be willing and ready to acquire new skills and knowledge to develop both professionally and personal
- Possess strong analytical acumen and quantitative results
- Be a strong team player and work hard towards reaching team goals
- Lead/mentor a strong team of analysts
What Youll Need:
- BA or BS in a quantitative field, with strong academic record, MS preferred
- 3+ years professional work experience in a strong quantitative and analytical environment.
- Leadership and cross-functional collaboration experience.
- Experience working with senior leadership
- Advanced Excel Skills in a professional environment
- Working knowledge of SQL and other statistical analysis tools
- Experience working with large datasets
- Extremely organized, meticulous and detailed oriented
- Comfort leading in ambiguous situations and setting key priorities.
- Ability to take on minimal travel (<15%)
More Jobs From