Manager, Supplier Management (Retail Solutions & Enablement)
Were seeking highly analytical, passionate, and self-motivated individuals to join our Partner Desk team. The Desk drives critical components of Wayfairs supplier support strategy - our team members serve as the external ambassadors who support the supplier-partners that feed Wayfairs vast assortment, and leverage internal partners to execute our strategic vision of offering best-in-class support to an ever-growing supplier base. As a manager on the Desk, you will work at the core of E-commerce: operating at the intersection between customers, suppliers, and technology!
More specifically, in this role, youll manage a sizable team (5+ associates and senior associates), engage with suppliers, and push our strategic agenda with cross functional partners. You will be expected to define overarching goals and initiatives that help us achieve our vision, problem-solve with business stakeholders and engineering partners alike, articulate and execute against tactical plans, and manage service metrics. Managers on the Desk must be able to develop and motivate a team of direct reports, while also being effective project managers and cross functional partners.
What You'll Do
- Manage and develop a team of associates and senior associates who are responsible for resolving partner requests and progressing our strategic agenda via project work
- Set objectives and execute initiatives to drive progress against KPIs
- Act as the go-to person for our suppliers as they resolve day-to-day issues, and provide support by training and educating them on the use of Wayfair tools
- Handle complex supplier issues, for which we dont have standard operating procedures, as well as escalations (emails to the C-Suite, commentary challenging our model, etc.) that our partners lodge when dissatisfied with a facet of their work with Wayfair
- Partner with cross functional counterparts to identify and implement both process and product improvements
- Work effectively across our global team to ensure efficient collaboration
- Build rapport with our suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Think critically about our internal processes, proposing and implementing solutions to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and the overall supplier experience
- Analyze data and trends, and pilot innovative solutions to improve efficiency, effectiveness and the overall supplier experience
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of E-commerce, corporate retail, or management consulting experience preferred
- Experience managing others, while fostering a culture of inclusion and generating meaningful job satisfaction
- Experience taking on big challenges and delivering results despite obstacles and limited resources
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
- A track record of successful negotiation and relationship management skills
- An ability to hit the ground running as a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter
- An ability to manage and prioritize projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately
- Innovative problem-solving skills, plus the ability to dissect and determine root causes of problems, then implement solutions
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.