Office Tour Photos
Manager, Strategy & Analytics
Wayfair is seeking a relentlessly curious, solutions-oriented Manager to join our rapidly growing Specialized Sales Strategy and Analytics team within Product and Marketing Organization. This team provides thought leadership and analytical rigor needed to drive our rapidly scaling specialized sales channel.
Wayfairs specialized sales team is comprised of product experts and sales agents who help our customers select and purchase more complex, design-heavy, or technically sophisticated products from our ever-expanding assortment. The Strategy and Analytics team is responsible for developing and executing both business and operational strategies that generate exponential revenue growth and improvements in sales efficiency and customer experience.
The team is highly cross-functional and works closely with Product, Data Science, Category Management, Marketing and Storefront to grow the specialized sales channel.
This role requires exceptional business acumen supported by strong technical skills. You will be a key contributor and also lead strategy and analytics work for one or more teams within specialized sales org. You will partner with operation and product teams to help them achieve their goals. Whether youre exploring strategic investment areas, measuring operational performance or analyzing customer behavior, you will be working with cutting edge technology and multi-terabyte datasets.
You will think critically to tackle complex challenges in a fast-paced and high-growth environment. There are significant growth opportunities for new team members to grow as leaders, taking on additional projects and responsibilities with strong performance.
What you will do:
- Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems with deep customer focus, applying advanced analytical methods as needed
- Lead analysts working on analytics projects and own project management and delivery
- Build a strong understanding of specialized sales operations and KPIs that impact overall business performance such as call efficiency, conversion rates etc.
- Drive decision-making in a cross-functional setup with product, data science, BI and operation team
- Work with several large and complex databases and wrangle data from multiple sources including sales, product, and customer databases to create visualizations and derive insights used for decision-making
- Lead analytics efforts for A/B testing of new product initiatives; Work with storefront clickstream data and operational performance data to understand the impact of new initiatives
- Collaborate cross-functionally to formulate hypothesis, develop statistical models and socialize recommendations that address strategic and operational challenges
- Synthesize insights from data analysis and present business cases to senior leadership
- Take initiatives to dive deeper into data science models that support sales operation such as lead generation, call routing etc.
What you will need:
- Bachelors degree in an analytical discipline such as: Economics, Business, Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, or Statistics
- MBA or Masters degree preferred
- Prior management consulting experience is a plus
- Strong analytical background and 5+ years of experience in operating with large data sets and extracting insights and presenting recommendations to stakeholders and senior leadership
- Proficiency in Excel & SQL required
- Expertise in Python, R and other analytics tools highly desired
- Experience in statistical modeling is highly preferred
- Excellent communication skills, collaborating with cross-functional team
- Entrepreneurial spirit or prior experience in a high performance, fast-paced industry
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From