Who You Are:
Wayfair is looking for problem-solving entrepreneurs to join one of several positions created as part of a firm-wide Strategic Spend team transformation. At Wayfair, we move extremely fast with a laser focus on customer success. That means we need people who can look beyond solely cost. We need adaptable doers who are great at engaging with stakeholders, are sharp analytical thinkers with a data-driven approach to solving problems, and are flexible multi-taskers who will flourish in a role with considerable autonomy and visibility.
With Wayfairs aggressive growth comes the need to drive smart spend decisions. Wayfairs Strategic Spend team partners closely with senior stakeholders across the business to develop spend strategies that maximize long-term ROI for the business. Our purpose is to enable our business to grow and operate more efficiently and profitably.
As a Strategic Spend Manager, you will act as a key thought partner to a specific key investment areas. You will work closely with the General Manager of Strategic Spend and senior leadership in these teams to help support and drive informed spend decisions for the company.
- You will effectively manage numerous projects at a given time in a rapidly evolving environment.
- You will collaborate with partners across the global business to tackle macro and micro-level issues.
- You will work to develop a structured approach to problem solving with some oversight and direction.
- You'll work within data-driven category strategies, sourcing activities, and spend baselines across multiple lines of our business, helping shape and challenge the business case for specific spend initiatives,
- Supporting negotiations with vendors in your area to achieve the best commercial outcome, building appropriate relationships to support that.
- You'll develop trust within the businesses so that where there are conflicting priorities or other issues you can ensure that all involved understand the issues and can reach smart outcomes
What You'll Need:
- Previous experience in management consulting, corporate finance, business development or a strategic field.
- Bachelor's degree, plus 4+ years of experience in finance, strategy or software engineering with a track record of success. MBA preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment where strong project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities are a must.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and executive management.
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal.
- An interest in technology and business operations, coupled with an ability to learn quickly.
- A track record of successful negotiation and relationship management skills.
- An ability to hit the ground running and learn quickly; a confident self-starter
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.