Manager, Strategic Operational Finance
The Strategic Operations Finance team is looking for an analytical, strategically-minded Manager to drive critical projects that promote the efficiency of Wayfairs major supply chain and operations initiatives. The right candidate has a passion for breaking down complex business problems into discrete analyses and using data to help make informed business decisions. As a central member of the team, you will provide financial visibility and thought partnership to leadership to make better operational decisions in several of our most important strategic initiatives.
The Returns and Incidents vertical of the Strategic Operational Finance team partners with leadership to provide insight into operational decisions on Wayfairs non-perfect order strategy. As this business continues to grow, were focusing on improving our service offerings with the goals of providing a best in class experience for our customers, reducing operational costs, and driving long-term competitive advantages for Wayfair. By analyzing the financial implications of both current operational performance and new strategic initiatives, we enable our partner teams to operate more efficiently and profitably.
- Serve as a mini-CFO for Wayfairs Returns and Incidents teams, using data to inform strategic and financial decisions. Sample projects include:
- Provide insights into month-over-month cost changes or trends
- Build tracking and fast feedback for new initiatives or policies across North America
- Analyze cost and customer satisfaction data to recommend incident resolution optimization strategies.
- Drive strategy and execution of key initiatives that materially improve the returns and incident experience for all parties in our ecosystem - customers, suppliers, and Wayfair.
- Translate high-level business problems into more specific questions that can be answered through data analyses; leverage analytical findings to identify actionable business recommendations
- Support and lead the launch of new return services and marketplace changes
- Develop reporting metrics and present data with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive financial and operational strategy
- Partner with business stakeholders to generate financial forecasts, and review business decisions.
The right candidate has:
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience in an analytical, finance, consulting role preferably with supply chain, logistics, or e-commerce experience
- A degree in Finance / Economics, Mathematics / Statistics, Computer Science or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
- Experience working with large datasets and resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and or complete information is not available
- Strong cross-functional communication skills and ability to effectively convey insights from analyses to senior leaders
- Ability to drive complex projects to completion using effective project management, communication, and influence; strong ownership of tasks/deadlines/projects
- High proficiency in MS Excel and Office; SQL or other programming languages a plus
What we offer:
- Fun and collaborative work environment
- Limitless career growth
- Free snacks
- Casual dress code
- Paid time off
- Health/wellness programs
- Matching 401K contributions
- Monthly team outings
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.