Office Tour Photos
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
CastleGate is an entrepreneurial business within Wayfair that is revolutionizing supply chain logistics and the order fulfillment process across Wayfairs catalog of home goods. This position will be responsible for helping grow the overall CastleGate business by helping scale the adoption of existing services and developing the go-to-market strategies (defining pricing and operating capabilities) for new ones. The right candidate will bring a mix of analytical and problem-solving skills as well as strong financial skills to succeed in our highly collaborative and cross functional team environment. Strategic questions this person may be tasked with answering include: How should pricing and our service offerings evolve as we grow the businesses? How does the CastleGate service offering provide value and what trade-offs can we make to grow the business? How should our supplier partners optimally leverage our network to drive cost efficiency throughout the supply chain?
What is CastleGate?
CastleGate was created to dramatically improve consumers shopping experience, and develop unique competitive advantage for Wayfair. We do this by offering one-day and two-day delivery times, lower prices, and higher delivery quality of home products than has historically been possible. In order to accomplish this goal, CastleGate partners with hundreds of suppliers, and provides access to our rapidly expanding portfolio of logistics services. CastleGate is one of Wayfairs newer business units, is growing rapidly, and operates entrepreneurially. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to help expand this business.
What youll do:
- Develop an understanding of the market, pricing dynamics and the key capabilities needed to succeed as a 3PL.
- Create detailed supplier segments and an understanding of how the CastleGate service offering can augment our suppliers supply chain to rapidly scale adoption
- Lead activities such as modeling business scenarios, developing pricing strategy, leading financial planning, building operational KPIs, and developing reporting and analysis
- Partner with Supplier Operations Leads to grow the business including customer acquisition planning, sales support, and financial analysis
- Support the launch of new services
- Lead problem solving and process/systems improvement to efficiently scale the business
- Collaborate with groups within the Partner Operations team, and company-wide including Transportation, Finance, Engineering and Warehouse Management
What youll need:
- Bachelors Degree required, degree in Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Physics, or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience in an analytical/consulting role preferably with supply chain, logistics, or e-commerce experience
- Experience working within large datasets and passionate about solving complex business problems even when clean and or complete information is not available
- Demonstrated ability to partner with business leaders, understand the business requirements, and deliver creative, strategic solutions
- Proficiency in Excel & SQL preferred
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Experience with VBA, Python, R or Tableau is a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, dcor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home dcor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home dcor and furnishings
More Jobs From