Office Tour Photos
Manager, Strategic Operational Finance
The Engineering Operational Finance team is looking for an analytical, strategically-minded Manager to drive critical projects that promote the success and efficiency of Wayfairs Engineering team. The right candidate has a passion for breaking down complex business problems into discrete analyses and using data to make informed business decisions. As a key thought partner to Engineering/IT leadership, you will provide financial visibility and guidance for making better strategic and operational decisions. There are management opportunities for strong performers.
With Wayfairs aggressive growth and major investments in technology comes the need for strong financial partnership, planning, and support. The Engineering Operational Finance team works closely with Finance, Procurement, and Accounting teams while also collaborating with business partners across Engineering/IT to improve our ability to monitor, communicate, and influence the financial health of the business. Our purpose is to enable Wayfair to grow rapidly and efficiently.
What Youll Do:
- You will influence decisions through analysis and modeling to ensure business partners meet the financial objectives of the organization
- Youll work collaboratively with Engineering/IT leadership to manage spend, helping to establish financial goals, providing visibility including key performance metrics, and ensuring strategies, processes, and planning that optimize for agility and efficiency
- You will leaf the quarterly business planning process, coordinating across the organization to evaluate new strategies and investments and ensure consistency, accuracy, and accountability
- Youll stand up and automate reporting to ensure visibility, driving smarter and more efficient spend across the department
- Youll work cross-functionally to establish best practices from requesting new spend to tracking it
- You will review projects, forecasts, invoices and contracts for reasonability and accuracy and make any necessary recommendations to senior management
- Youll ensure the consistency of information captured across various systems within the IT financial management domain, e.g. forecasting, procurement, invoicing, asset management, Finance systems.
- Youll provide day to day financial analysis, modeling, and other analytical support for the Engineering/IT team
- Youll summarize findings and present recommendations to senior leadership
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years of work experience in strategic finance, investment banking, management consulting or private equity strongly preferred. An Engineering/IT finance background is helpful, but not required.
- A degree in Finance, Operations Management, Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, or other concentrations with a heavy analytical focus is desirable, but not required
- Ability to tell the story, persuasive communicator who can summarize and clearly articulate complex concepts, including effectively convey insights from analyses to senior leaders
- Demonstrated strategic, creative and critical thinking skills
- Superb attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to drive complex projects to completion using effective project management, communication, and influence; strong ownership of tasks/deadlines/projects
- Ability to build strong relationships, working productively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and executive management
- High proficiency in Excel; SQL or other programming languages a plus
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From