Manager, Solutions Engineering
In todays world of always-on online consumption and commerce, consumers are demanding what they want, when they want it. Content is king, and always will be, for brands to get distribution, retailers to sell products and consumers to click purchase. The problem in todays marketplace is that there is no easy way to transfer this rich product information from brand to retailer without hours of manual and tedious spreadsheet management and updates.
Enter Salsify. Salsify is a product experience management platform. We power the seamless exchange of product content that powers today's commerce experience. Brand manufacturers, distributors, and retailers partner with us to exchange high-quality content that drives online results.
We are looking for a solution focused engineering manager that will help to ensure the custom functionality that we build for our customers is scalable and of high quality. In this role, you will be responsible for the strategy, direct management and growth of our Solution Engineering team.
- Work with pre-sales to understand technical requirements and provide work scope estimates
- Work cross functionally with product to understand initiatives and provide information on custom solutions being developed
- Work directly with customers to gather requirements and use cases
- Develop quality assurance standards and testing best practices
- Align custom solution support with global growth
- Motivate the team to delivery high quality custom developed solutions that extend the capabilities of the Salsify platform
- Build / Refine playbooks and processes to allow for scale
- Conduct 1:1 sessions with each team member to help with skill and career development
- Project assignments and resource planning
- Work with team to ensure all time is logged appropriately
- Identify skill gaps within team and create training plans to address
- 5+ years experience in technical development role
- 5+ years experience with API, and/or integrations engineering
- Direct people management experience
- Experience with developing custom solutions, integrations and offerings on top of a platform
- Experience with quality assurance practices
- Able to act as player coach and deliver own projects as needed
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, flexible and analytical
Salsifys mission is to empower brand manufacturers to deliver the digital product experiences that consumers demand.Salsify pioneered the first PXM (Product Experience Management) offering that transcends traditional PIM, Syndication, and Analytics. As the first multi-tenant, SaaS solution to offer all 3 key components to deliver exceptional product experiences online, Salsify is already working with thousands of leading brands across the globe.
Throughout 2018, Salsifys employee growth and unique culture earned the company Best Workplace award wins from both local and national outlets. BostInno recognized Salsify as one of the10 Coolest Companies in Boston. We were also named inFortune Magazine's Great Places to Workand aTop 100 Boston Tech Companyfrom Built in Boston and Boston Globes list ofTop Places to Work.We are one of the most innovative, high-growth tech companies in Boston. Were investing in growth to help fuel our rapid expansion and looking for the best talent in the tech space to join our team.
No agency submittals will be considered.